Is it normal to have a 'pooch' in my lower abdomen 2 weeks after my Tummy Tuck? (photos)

Two weeks ago I had a TT In the section between my navel and pubic area there is a little pouch whether I sit or stand I am wondering if that is an indicator that I will be left with more loose skin after the swelling fully subsides

Pooch post tummy

Since you are only 2 weeks out from your tummy tuck I would keep compression on the area and give it time.You should do fine.If not it is easy to correct.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Post-op swelling

Hi.  It is quite common to have some post-op swelling in the lower abdomen for 4-5 weeks after a tummy tuck.  This should resolve with time.  Check with your surgeon, however, to make sure that you don't have a "seroma" - fluid collection under the skin.  Continue wearing your compression garment.

Normal healing process

Everything you are seeing is normal and due to swelling. The appearance of your abdomen will continue to improve as you continue to heal. Be patient with your recovery, this is all normal following and mini tummy tuck and liposuction. Good luck with your recovery.

Dean Vistnes, MD.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #realself # minitummytuck #liposuction 

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (2 weeks post-po) the swelling have to be minimal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

After the TT

Hello,  thank you for your question and photos.   This is all swelling.   After a TT the swelling may persist for a few more months. Gradually this will improve.   Use the garment at all time.   Have a great day. 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Either fluid collection vs excess skin/fat from very conservative TT? Obtain a scan to rule out fluid.

Lower abdominal fullness after tummy tuck

Swelling can persist for many months after a tummy tuck -- it may be a year or more before you see the final result.  However, the fullness you are seeing/feeling may be an indication of a fluid collection called a seroma.  A seroma may resolve spontaneously but many of them require serial draining by needle aspiration.  You should visit your plastic surgeon for evaluation to make sure that what you are seeing is normal swelling.