After sutures heal up,can I massage them? (photos)

400cc saline surgery was Nov 9th, wearing bra 24/7 think i have dropped a lil and applying polysporin 2 times a day, please tell me after sutchers heal up i can massage them, Next appt Dec 16th.... Wrinkles on top of boob is from sportsbra....

After sutures heal up,can I massage them

Thanks for your question. You need to see your Plastic Surgeon today for his recommendation for your post op care.  We all have different protocols on when patients can start to massage their scars or breast implants,   Best wishes

Scar Massage

Thank you for your question and photos. Many Plastic Surgeons will recommend massaging scars to help soften/lighten them, once you are completely healed. Contact your Plastic Surgeon so that they can personally advise you.

All the best

Do not massage the breasts, only the scars with your polysporin.

After , you may also use some rose hip oil rubbing it into your scars till is reabsorbed. 

To massage the breasts is contraindicated.

Adolfo Sesto, MD

Massage Breast after sutures heal

Thank you for the question and photos. It would be best to stick with your surgeon's advice on handling post operation procedures since he or she knows your medical history best.  Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Only follow your surgeons advise NOT over the internet recommendations....................................But massages usually start within the first 10 days after surgery....

Breast Augmentation

Hi & thank you for your question.

Congratulations on your surgery! Contact your surgeon for his/her recommendations on starting massage. Best to follow all post operative instructions given by your surgeon.Best of luck & enjoy your result!

Massaging breasts after surgery

Your doctor should be able to tell you when to start the massage protocol.  Be sure to discuss with your own surgeon about how this applies to you, and whether they have any special concerns in your case.

Post Op

Since every surgeon has his or her own post op protocol, you need to ask your surgeon as to when, exactly, you should begin massaging the breasts. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Massages after BA

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided picture, you look great, I think surgical areas heal best at rest. We put patients in an elastic brassiere right after surgery, and tell them to keep their arms quiet and to sleep on their back for at least a week.

The results of breast augmentation are determined by how the surgery is done. If the breasts don't look right, massage is not going to fix that. If you are going to get a capsular contracture (2 to 5 % risk), massage is not going to prevent that. But I also recommend to ask to your plastic surgeon because each plastic surgeon has their own post-op recommendation.

Good luck! :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

After sutures heal up,can I massage them?

I appreciate your question.

Best to discuss with your surgeon when you can start massaging as each surgeon has their own specific post op protocol.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr Schwartz