Lump under my skin after lipo. What can I do to get rid of it?

I have tight hard lymp under my skin 8 weeks ater lipo what can I used to break it down? Te lump is hard when I touch my stomach and it makes it hard to strech , my side and my back, I had massage , I used arnica cream but no result. Please tell me what can I do or what over counter drugs I can take?

Follow up with your surgeon

The lump may be a collection of fluid that can be aspirated with a syrine and needle. You plastic surgeon will be able take care of it quickly when you see him or her. The other possibility is that it is some fat necrosis. Either way, a visit to you surgeon would be most helpful.

Corpus Christi Plastic Surgeon

Seroma

Seroma is a fluid collection that can form under the skin after lipo and frequently recalcitrant to massage.  It may need to be aspirated.  A clinical exam can usually diagnose it if this is the case.

Lump post lipo

This is normal and with time will go away.Heat and massage will get it to go away sooner.These lumps are sometimes tender but patience is all you need.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Follow up with your plastic surgeon

You should follow up with your plastic surgeon. He or she can address your concerns and make an accurate assessment in determining the problem. Arnica is not going to help. 

You need a proper medical assessment.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Lump Under Skin After Liposuction -- Venus Legacy, Thermage, Massage, Botox/Dysport

I suggest radiofrequency treatments like venus legacy to help loosen the scar and decrease the swelling.  Botox/dysport can relax the neck muscles to further improve the healing.  If after 3-6 months there is still a lot of tightening and irregularity, only surgical treatment can improve this.  Best, Dr. Emer.

After reading all your postings you have options. If staying in USA try to find a PS who will take over your care and offered aggressive lymphatic massage with external ultrasound (I charge $100per session minimum of 5 sessions). Or find a KyBella injector to inject KyBella. May need 3 sessions at $800 per session. But finding KyBella today is very difficult since Kythera (owns KyBella) was purchased by Allergen (BOTOX owners) the $$ have not exchanged so there is NO KyBella available! Or might try injections of PIT to help improve the lump, fee $200 per session. And finally you can fly back to Dominican Republic to be treated by your surgeon.