Lots of fluid in drains. When does this get better? Continue muscle relaxer around the clock, pain comes and goes (Photo)

150 lbs weight loss. Using arnica gel and medihoney dressings on all wounds.2 days post op. Belt lipectomy, arm lift. Is it good to drain lots of fluid? One arm drains 70 ml a few times a day, but not as much in the other site? And should I still continue to take soma and pain Medcine around the clock?

Drains 2 days after body lift and arm lift

Thank you for asking about your body lift and arm lift.

You are two days after surgery. you appear to be healing well and the drainage is normal. you will not drain exactly the same amount on either side. For decisions such as medication, it is essential that you contact your own surgeon and follow your surgeon's instructions. 

Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Drains?

Thanks for this question. I think well functioning drains are great and the drainage coming out of your body will help to reduce your swelling over time. Drains should not be putting out too much or look too reddish (thick ketchup). Be sure to look at your surgeon's instructions about what volume of output is "too much" for your case. Your incisions otherwise look pretty good. Congratulations on these awesome early results! Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Body Lift/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Continue having fluid after arm lift and belt lipectomy

This is a good question, but hang in there!  This sounds normal, and not to be unexpected, but ask your Plastic Surgeon!  Who would know better than  the surgeon who performed the surgery!

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Lots of fluid in drains. When does this get better? Continue muscle relaxer around the clock, pain comes and goes

ONLY 2 DAYS POSTOP! Drainage could last weeks. Maybe you need to see or call your chosen surgeon asap.