What is my left breast bigger then my right when I first did my surgery they were both the same size? (photos)

It only been 18 days since my breast augmentation my left side is healing faster then the right and when I first did them both my breast was the same size and my left side is softer then the right

What is my left breast bigger then my right when I first did my surgery they were both the same size?

You are very early in recovery and it is too early to make a judgment about asymmetry.  However by 18 days you should ask your plastic surgeon if you may start breast implant displacement exercises.

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.  In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breasts healing

You are very early in the healing process and you need to allow them to heal over time.  Best of luck.

To early to tell

Thanks for the photos. it is very early in your recovery period to make a judgment. Continue in your follow up appointments with your surgeon.

Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation

At 18 days post-op you are still in the early period of healing. Swelling and apparent asymmetries are normal at this point. Remain patient and if after your 3 month mark you are still not sure about your results, discuss this with your plastic surgeon  to determine the best course of action. Best of luck.

Thank you for your question. When performing a Breast Augmentation, even though we do the same procedure on each side, each side will heal different. Sometimes one side will swell up more, will have pain or sensitivity issues. These issues will usually resolve with time, you are still very early in your healing process. I would suggest to keep in touch with your surgeon to address your concerns. Good Luck.

Franco R. Jacome, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It is important to address any post-operative concerns with your plastic surgeon.  You are still early on in your recovery. Swelling after a breast augmentation occurs with 100% of patients, eventually the swelling will go down and your breasts will drop into their pockets, sometimes you heal quicker in one breast than the other and one implant can even drop sooner than the other one.  If one implant is still sitting too high, the use of a breast binder and a foam wedge is beneficial to add downward pressure to that breast. I would continue to perform your breast massages. Your doctor may also prescribe you a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help with the swelling. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Postop Breast Augmentation

I appreciate your concern but it is far too early to worry. At less than 3 weeks, you are still healing and your body is still accommodating to your implants. Try to be patient and stay positive while you are recovering. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Left breast bigger than right

Thank you for your question and photographs.  My advice is to wait 4-6 months prior to considering a "final" result.  It is also important to acknowledge that some asymmetry between one's breasts is normal.  Should you find that you have increased swelling and pain I recommend that you contact your plastic surgeon for evaluation.  Best of luck.