9 days post-op: Left breast is lower and bigger. (photo)

Hello, i am 9 days post op now and i am concerned about my uneven breasts. I was at the doctors 2 days ago and he taped my left breast and i have to wear the stuttgarter belt under my left breast and over my right breast, but i don't have the feeling it's working. Is it too early to be worried? Or is it clear that the surgent made a mistake? Thank you for your help.

Post Op Asymmetry

Thank you for your question and photo. It is not uncommon to have slight asymmetry post op, while you are healing. Each breast is a little different and they will take 2-6 months to settle and drop. I recommend that you continue to follow your Plastic Surgeon's instructions and try to wait a few months before evaluating symmetry.

All the best

10 days post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast issue

The photos do not show much. It is best to follow your surgeon's advice for post-operative instructions. Best of luck.

Asymmetry 9 Days Post Breast Augmentation

Your photos do not demonstrate a significant or worrisome asymmetry. Nine days is a bit early to worry. Your implants will be settling for up to six months and possibly even longer. Continue as you are with follow up with your plastic surgeon. Also, comparing your before pictures would help to make a better assessment in terms of any asymmetry your noting. 

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph and I am sorry that this has caused you concern.  Though your surgeon is your greatest source of advice and reassurance, there is nothing obvious in your picture that I would be concerned of.  Your surgeon may be cautious and is asking you to perform treatment to help maximize your results.  At 9 days there can be significant asymmetry of swelling and it is impossible to know your long term results at this stage.  Hope this helps.

Breast augmentation asymmetry

9 days postoperative breast augmentation asymmetry is common due to swelling. This early stage of recovery can be managed as your provider is doing, frequent visits and reassurance.

It is very early to be too concerned about asymmetry.  It will be several months until the new implant pocket healing is completed. At that time the final positions of the implants will be evaluated with your board certified plastic surgeon. Thank you for the question.

Andrew Turk, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

9 days post-op: Left breast is lower and bigger.

Best to see in person second opinions. And post before photos to see if you had asymmetry to volume and shape?

Breast augmentation results

Thank you for your question. Yes, you are in the early stage of recovery. At this point breasts can look a bit asymetrical because of the swelling. Healing after plastic surgery is a process and the earlier parts are the most challenging.  Emotions are a big part of the process as well. The final results will start showing after 3 or 4 months after your surgery. If you still have concerns the best is to discuss specifically with your operating surgeon so that he /she can take a look. Good luck!

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Too early

9 days postop is too early to be concerned about asymmetry. At this stage, asymmetry is typically the rule rather than the exception. This is because certain things such as swelling, high riding implants etc are some of the reasons for this. My suggestion is to wait 6 months and then compare your before pictures to your after result to make a more rational judgement as far as the final result. This allows for comparison of any pre existing asymmetry that was present preoperatively relative to fold position, volume etc. Close communication with your plastic surgeon is very important in order to address any concerns you may have . The recommendations that he or she has given you regarding the taping and the belt will take time to see the difference so be patient and do not be discouraged.

Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon