I'm interested in getting juvederm voluma in my lips for more plumpness. Approximately how long does the results last?

Voluma for lip augmentation

Voluma is not currently indicated for lip augmentation, although I'm sure there are injectors who use in as an off label indication. I would not expect it to last as long as it does in the mid-face, as the lips are under constant motion.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Voluma in lips

Although Voluma is approved for mid face volumization (cheeks) and ia not indicated for lips (it is too thick), many physicians blend it with saline or lidocaine to "thin it out" and use it in other areas, such as lips.  I have used it myself and it lasts longer than Juvederm Plus or Juvederm in my lips but probably not a full 2 years, as it can last in the cheeks.  If you have this done, make sure to go to someone who is a true expert with Voluma, not your neighborhood "med spa".  Always pick WHO you are going to by doing your research, not where you are going by price or convenience.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma

Voluma is not indicated for lip injections. When used in the lips it is considered an off label use of the product.  Volume is reported to last up to 24 months in the malaria region depending on the amount injected. The fillers last in the lips a shorter time then described. In my experience the fillers in the lips will last up to 12 months.

Good luck!

Lip augmentation Juvederm

I have done Juvederm is used for lips for more than 10 years however Voluma version is not approved indication for lips.  Is there a reason you would like to have Voluma done?

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD

I'm interested in getting juvederm voluma in my lips for more plumpness. Approximately how long does the results last

Voluma does not go in the lips. You would want Juvederm Ultra Plus or Ultra depending on the level of fill and plumpness you desire. You can expect lip filler to only last an average of 6 months. It tends to break down faster due to all of the movements of the mouth. 

Around the lips, Juvederm lasts approximately 6-9 months

Because the lips have a lot of motion the Juvederm breaks down a little faster. Usually Juvederm will last 9-12 months but around the lips I tell my patients it will be 6-9 months. Hope this helps.

Itzhak Nir, MD, FACS

Voluma in lips

Voluma is supposes to last about 9-12 months. Whether or not it will last as long in the lips has not been shown.

Voluma is off label location for use in lips. So I do not recommend using it there. It does lass from 12 to 24 months ranges.

Voluma for lips

Duration is variable, particularly in the lips. I anticipate that it would be 4-6 months. I have seen no longer duration when using Voluma compared to any of the other HA fillers. See Cheek Challenge link.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Voluma for lips

Volbella is a great product but may make your lips too full and not meant for that area. Volbella has the same Vycross technology and is idea for the lips.  Please consult an expert in lip injections for the best cosmetic results. Best, Dr. Green