Can you indefinitely use fillers to mask malar bags or are their consequences. Is there a permanent fix my drs not aware of?

I have hereditary malar bags which seem to be less noticeable after my period ends. I got a lower bleph with upper cheek lift which is where my malar bags sit, on the cheekbone, in my mid twenties (now 36) which masked them pretty well until a year ago. Their worse than before. I saw a facial surgeon who recommends fillers and erbium laser and no further surgery. I got one syringe of voluma th hides them pretty well. Can I keep this up with the same results or will I need surgery again someday?

Filler under the eye

Hi and thanks for your question. If you got a good result with HA filler you can continue this treatment indefinitely. You can also combine it with PRP and laser treatment if you have fine wrinkles as well .

Filler under the eye

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Facial rejuvenation

If fillers are working well for you, you may certainly go that route for as long as you like.  Voluma is a hyaluronic acid filler and hyaluronic acid is produced naturally in the body.  You might consider a fat transfer procedure.  In experienced hands, this procedure is long lasting and tends to age more naturally than a lift.  Obviously, your face will age, but a good skin regimen and maintanence of a filler program or something more permanent will keep you looking as young as you feel.

Suzan McGary, MD
Williamsport Thoracic Surgeon

Facial rejuvenation

Suzan McGary, MD
Williamsport Thoracic Surgeon

If satisfied with the HA filler effect upon your malaria bags I would recommend to continue this therapy. I might also try either ThermiSmoothRF 250 sessions or even off label KyBella low dose injection to area.