Is this something that will improve or will I need a revision?? (photos)

Weight loss of 125 pounds. Only 16 days post -op, full abdominoplasty done at the same time as reconstructive breast surgery after bilateral mastectomy. (Exchange of expanders for Implants was performed). My stomache is tight while standing , sitting I have a little roll but most disturbing is that when bending over there is an abundance of loose skin. Can this be fixed?? I am so disappointed.

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.At this point (4months post-po) the swelling have to be minimal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Dr derby

The results look very decent for day 16 post op. When you are standing it is nice and flat and looks very well. Talk it over with your surgeon to see if he feels that your results are satisfactory. Best of luck 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Is this something that will improve or will I need a revision??

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your weight loss and tummy tuck surgery.  Patients with massive weight loss (>100lbs) often develop skin excess in the stomach region in both a vertical and horizontal direction.  A standard full tummy tuck addresses the vertical excess but the only way to remove the horizontal excess is through a vertical incision running from your breast bone down to the middle of your current tummy tuck scar.  Most patients are not interested in this unless they already have a scar present.  That said, as your results from surgery mature you will see some improvement but ultimate correction will likely require surgery to correct.  Hope this helps.

Will get better.

Thanks for your question. Your result standing looks pretty good and sitting the amount of skin looks appropriate. As far as the "bending" photo it looks blurry but it seems to show excess skin. Consider waiting 1 year to let the tummy fully heal. This is not your final result for sure. However, if the skin is loose, 12 months after surgery, in the bending position you may consider a Fleur-de-Lis revision surgery. Speak with your plastic surgeon - and trust them. This is a skin elasticity issue that will be with you for the rest of your life (due to your weight loss) and can only be improved but not eradicated not matter how tight you're made. Best wishes always, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD