Implant flipping/shifting with numbing/tingling discomfort and increased rippling. What are my options?

It's been a 3 months since this started. I waited to see if it resolved. I saw my PS yesterday & he doesn't want to do anything. I understand the risk with additional surgeries but I don't think I can live like this. When I lay certain ways my implant goes toward my armpit or I feel like it's folding or bunching. When I bend over I feel it's flipping & I have to shake my breast around to get it back normal. It's a very uncomfortable feeling, even if I gently squeeze it in my hand. Options?

Shifting Implant

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to comment without an assessment. I'd recommend seeking a second opinion from a skilled Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to determine what the best option would be. 

All the best. 

Uneasy feeling post aug

It would be easy to correct the movement into the armpit by closing off the pocket laterally.The rippling  could be corrected by placing the implant under the muscle and/or doing some fat5 grafting to your breast to augment your soft tissue coverage.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Implant issue

I think that it sounds like you need a revision of your implant surgery. It sounds like you have several issues. I am not sure all will resolve with a revision. Best to be seen in person.

Implant Flipping / Shifting with Numbing / Tingling and Increased Rippling

I concur with my colleagues in recommending a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon. An in-person examination is needed to discuss the best options. 

Karen Singer, MD

To many issues to respond without in person examinations. Please seek these second opinions>>>>>>>>>

Without examining you it is impossible to know. If it is mainly "sensations", surgery may not be a solution. Options MIGHT include making the pocket smaller, going with a wider/larger implant, incorporating a breast lift into things.
Perhaps a second opinion could help you clarify things better.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Flipping implant

i am sorry you are troubled by this problem
it sounds like the implants are in the subglandular plane and the soft tissue cover is inadequate (thin, wide pocket).
ideally, sub muscular placement of implants and a lift if nesessary would correct all these issues..
best of luck

Thank you for your question.  I'm sorry to hear you're having concerns following your breast augmentation. 
You made the right decision to consult your plastic surgeon directly with your concerns as without a proper assessment it is a difficult problem to address.  Type, size and placement of implant can all affect the outcome.  Typically any type of revisions of breast surgery are not recommended until at least 6 months following the primary surgery.  From your description it sounds like something could be improved upon with further surgery, and it wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion from another board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in breast augmentation.  Best of luck to you. 

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Implant concerns

Hello, if you have concerns about your implants but your surgeon does not feel it is something they can improve, one option would be to get a second opinion.  Unfortunately it is not possible to make recommendations without a proper assessment.