I am one week post op breat augmentation. I am sleeping on my back and by morning my boobs are sore and in pain. Is this normal?

Painful breasts

Yes it is normal to have soreness and tenderness one week after this operation. Of course everyone is different but you should be considerably more comfortable at three to six weeks after your operation. I think when you get up in the morning and your swelling is more noticeable, your discomfort will be as well.  This will probably get better as the day goes on after you are elevated for a while.

Morning Breast Pain

Many people report feeling more stiff and sore in the morning for the first couple of weeks after BA surgery. You may feel more swollen until you are upright for an hour or two as well. This should resolve on it's own soon. let your Plastic Surgeon know if you have ongoing issues.
All the best

Post op BBA Pain

Hi and thanks for the question. It is entirely normal to have discomfort 1 week out from BBA. Limiting the movement of your arms and the appropriate pain medication should help. Make sure that you discuss these issues with your surgeon's office. Best of Luck- Dr Hardy...

James E. Hardy, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Morning breast pain

This is normal. Movement and range of motion helps to move swelling out and keep tissues/muscles from getting too stiff and sore. When you are sleeping you move less so awaken more sore. This should improve as the days/weeks pass by.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

With ANY postop issues your first option is to call your chosen operative surgeon! Posting here on RS is great but we really d not know you or the med/surg story.. Sounds normal but?