I stop wearing my compression garment after 2 wks of my inner thigh lipo. It's been 5 wks now and I see minimal results. (photo)

I started wearing the compression garment again. I stopped wearing it as the severe bruising that I had subsided. I started wearing it again yesterday. Did I mess up results?

Inner thigh lipo

At 5 weeks its still to early to see you final results. I always recommend my patients to wear the compression garment for up to six weeks, this will help with the swelling. You dont have to worry about messing up your results, just give it time so you can start seeing the difference. 

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. Don't worry because it is too early to see your final results after surgery. I recommend my patients wear there garment 6 weeks to help maximize their liposuction results.

Swelling after lipo lasts several months

It's way too early to judge the lipo results. I tell my patients to give inner thighs 6-9 months before judging since the skin is thin and swelling tends to hide results for a long time. The more you wear your compression, you will have fewer episodes of swelling and may see your results sooner. Don't worry, you haven't messed up anything. Good luck! 

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Minimal results post lipo

If you are only 5 weeks I would not be in too much of a hurry to judge the final result which can take months.Wearing compression will only help.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon