I had a malignant lipoma removed from forehead a year ago. May I have Botox on my forehead without a risk of complication?

Has surgery to remove Malignant lipoma on right top corner of forehead, can Botox be administered to the forehead area if he area has completely healed.

Botox after removal of malignancy from forehead

Excellent question!
Yes, Botox can be given after removal of a lesion from the forehead area.  It can be injected at any time, even while the incision is still healing.  In fact, Botox injections into the area around a healing wound have been shown to improve scar outcomes.
Hope this helps.

Knoxville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Forehead Botox after malignancy removal...

Thank you for your question.  Yes, Botox can be administered to your forehead after removal of malignant lesion.  Interestingly enough Botox can be used around surgical scars to improve their appearance, so you may get a double benefit.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

There is no contraindication to inject Botox in an area that has had a malignancy that is now clear.

There is no contraindication to inject Botox in an area that has had a malignancy that is now clear. Confirm with your treating lipoma physician that there is no contraindication as they are most familiar with your type of cancer and the areas that were involved before visiting a board-certified dermatologist for an in-person consultation and evaluation..

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Prior surgery

Injections may be done avoiding scar tissue but this would need to be evaluated in person to see if any other muscles affected by prior surgery before Botox treatment. 

I would suggest you should be evaluated by a board certified dermatologist experienced in this procedure to advise you properly and address your concerns.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox on Forehead

Botox can be used at the same time as surgery to help healing so there is no reason why you cannot do the procedure now.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Thank you for your question. Yes, you can still have Botox. The area in question will be assessed by the injector. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Botox after surgery

Yes, if you've healed and do not have currently any medical concerns in the area, you can have Botox. Best of luck. 

Asaad H. Samra, MD
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Botox after malignancy on forehead

This is perfectly fine and won't have any negative effects on your cancer. There is some evidence that Botox is actually beneficial to fighting cancer. So go ahead and get your Botox.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Hello blah143,

Botox would be fine to inject from your lipoma standpoint. The risks would be present whether or not you had a previous surgery. Depending on how the muscle was reapproximated after your surgery (how the ends were brought together), may affect the cosmetic outcome you get.  Far on the top right of the forehead the muscle isn't even present, so there may not be any issue with it.  

You should discuss your previous surgery with your injector, but it shouldn't have any effect.  

I hope this helps and good luck. 

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox application

You should have no problems if having Botox injection on your forehead. Just consult the surgeon who removed the malignant lipoma so he can give you the OK. 

Yily De Los Santos, MD