I am trying to see if Liquid Liposuction is something that will help shape me up or should I do something else? (Photo)

I have lost 65 pounds over the mast 2 years. I have been stuck where I am for quite a while. I do kick boxing and I run but I have also had 5 abdominal surgeries. Not sure if that plays in or not. Any advice welcome.

Liposuction won't help with loose skin.

The majority of the tissue located across your abdomen appears to be excess skin resulting from weight loss. The most effective procedure in that case would be a tummy tuck rather than lipo. Liposuction, regardless of specific technique used, is best for stubborn fat pockets that don’t respond to exercise, and won't help resolve loose skin. A tummy tuck, on the other hand, can remove the excess skin, tighten the underlying abdominal muscles, and remove some tummy fat as well.

Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Best procedure?

What the best procedure for you would depend on what your expectations are.
Lipo may be enough, but if you want to tighten the skin even more, maybe a combination tummytuck may be needed.

Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Carlos Castaneda, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction after weight loss

This could help whether it is regular liposuction or liquid or tumescent doesn't really matter.In the end if you have excess fatty tissue as you pinch the skin together than lipo is for sure an option.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Choosing the correct procedure

Your abdomen will never look correct from any form of liposuction. I suggest having an in-person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can review various options.

Previous abdominal surgery does not necessarily impede having a stellar outcome from procedures such as an abdominoplasty, which is most likely the procedure of choice in this situation.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Abdominoplasty is recommended

In person exam is needed. From your photos- it appears that you would benefit from abdominoplasty. Seek an experienced Board Certified PS for in person consultation.

Hi Definition VASER Liposuction / VASER Hi Def Body Contouring

Body contouring/liposuction has evolved over the past years and is not just about fat reduction but more so about sculpting and defining. In patients who have smaller problem areas, you want an energy based device to help melt fat and tighten skin. as well, it helps to define and shape the musculature. This type of liposuction requires a specialized body contouring specialist who is trained in 4D hi definition procedures and can do fat removal with both deep and superficial liposculpture. Please see an expert for sculpting and defining procedures, whos practice is dedicated to these types of surgeries. Best, Dr. Emer.

I am trying to see if Liquid Liposuction is something that will help shape me up or should I do something else?

Sorry to say you need a full TT because of all the excess skin as seen in your posted lateral view. Seek in person opinions from boarded PSs in your area.