I am interested in doing a Facelift since I lost weight and I already have jowls. I am 47 years old. Any suggestions? (photo)

Do you recommend a facelift after seeing my photos ? Thanks

Facelift at 47

Although the pictures are not ideal for evaluation, I think that you will benefit from a facelift procedure. You should consult with at least 2 surgeons that have experience perfroming facelift.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Possible

Looks like you need volume, Botox and some skin tightening. A face lift alone does only one of these things. If you desire true improvement a comprehensive plan with need for maintenance after surgery is required. Topical skin treatments may also help build collagen. No quick fix but a lifelong commitment just like keeping the weight off! Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Facelift versus minimally or non-invasive options following weight loss

Dear doreenturner:

Thanks for sharing your photos! Congrats on your weight loss! Unfortunately, both weight loss and aging affect the appearance of your youthful face.

A facelift will provide you the chance to regain the best youthful facial appearance.  It will upwardly redrape the descent of skin and lift the internal soft tissue back to their original positions. 

Minimally invasive and non-invasive options are available BUT they will not provide the duration nor the lift and redraping of tissues following a properly performed facelift. Fillers, Botox, Sculptra, ZO Skin Health and now ThermiRF will maintain your investment!

Everyone needs one or more individualized combinations to achieve their optimal result. 

Consult with a well versed, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who performs all of these options for your best outcome. 

I hope this is helpful. All the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Should you have a facelift

The pictures are very dark, and not good to evaluate.  Nonetheless, if you feel a change in your face, you are your best doctor.  So, it is time to find a certified plastic surgeon.  Make sure he has experience performing faces.  Also, make sure he operates in an accredited facility.

Alberto Arguello, MD
Costa Rica Plastic Surgeon

Volume restoration, possible facelift

Congratulations on your weight loss and your committment to a healthy lifestyle.
One of the most signficant processes in facial aging is the natural loss of volume in the face.  Specifically, humans lose volume in specific areas of the face as we age.  This is most notable in the area below the lower eyelids called the tear trough depression.  Additionally volume is also selectively lost over the apex of the cheeks.  These changes result in loss of support to the face and can result in significant aged appearance.  
Furthermore, in your particular case, weight loss can accentuate these volume changes with drooping of the natural anatomy of the face.
Consequently, you will require volume restoration of the face to restore a more youthful look.  Although this will correct a significant degree of the age related changes, additional benefits can be derived with lifting of the deep structures of the face with a midfacelift.  Changes in the neck often necessitate a necklift at the time of facelifting.
Good luck with your procedures!

Daniel M. Calloway, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Face lift - 47 and lost weight

Thank you for asking about your face lift.

Yes, you seem an excellent candidate for a face lift.
You have good bone structure and you are not overweight.
Discuss the look you want with your surgeon, to see if other procedures (e.g. fat, fillers, Botox) would help you get the look you have in mind.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Good candidate for a full facelift after weight loss.

From the photographs it looks as though you would get an excellent result from a facelift. There are many options to address facial aging that may be components of a full facelift. I would suggest you get two or three opinions and she is the surgeon that is aesthetically consistent with what you want. Make certain to see lots of pre-and postop photographs.

Facelift with fat transfer

Based on these photos, you would benefit from both the facelift and the fat transfer.  You have some significant hollowing in the cheeks.  While the facelift will improve the overall skin laxity, it will not provide you with the needed volume to really rejuvenate the face.  For that you need the fat. 

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lost Volume

Congratulations on your weight loss accomplishment.  With that weight loss may come a loss of volume in the face that combined with a loss of elasticity as we age can lead to gravity taking hold and creating the folds and sagging we associate with aging.  As to whether or not you are a candidate for a facelift, you should consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a personal evaluation and discussion of your goals.  Facial enhancements may combine techniques to restore the loss volume with fillers/fat grafting and surgery to lift and tightening. 

Facelift or not

After looking at your photos I would probably do a face/.necklift.Also it seems as though you have lost weigth and so I would also recommend some fat grafting to your face to restore a more normal fullness.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon