I have a inframammary incision, silicone, under the muscle 460 cc both breasts. How long till the implants will drop?

Got them done along with tummy tuck on Dec 15th, 2014 Monday, was wondering how long til the implants will drop? They look really weird right now, and doctor said to wear band next week and put stretch mark cream on them?

Seeing your final results takes a few months

There are many different factors that contribute to your final results, including the way your body responds to your implants, whether your surgeon used subglandular or submuscular placement, the implant size and so on. Even with a lot of possible variances, seeing your final results on average will take up to around 6 months. You have slightly larger implants that were placed under the muscle, both of which can mean taking a bit longer time to settle. Try to be patient and give your body time to rest and recover from surgery. Your breasts will look softer and more natural as the muscles and tissue relax around the implant and the implants settle.

Lowering of implants

This can take several weeks so I would wear a breast strap to push them down but wear you bra with the strap.also massage helps.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Dropping & Fluffing

Good afternoon,

I find that in most patients with implants under the muscle of the chest wall it takes somewhere between three weeks and three months for the muscle to relax and for the implants to "drop and fluff."

#BreastImplants - How long till the implants will drop?

Good question but hard to answer without at least a photo.

In general, though, it can several months for implants to drop.  That depends on the size of the implants relative to the skin and muscle envelope.  The larger the implants for a given frame the longer it will take for them to drop, as the tissues (skin, breast tissue, muscle - if below) to stretch out adequately and allow gravity to take its course.

You should of course discuss this with your own plastic surgeon but I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. Alan Engler
Member of RealSelf100

Implants settling

Settling of implants is really dependent upon the type of implants used.  Smooth walled implants may take 3-4 months to settle and sometimes a bit longer.

1-6 months for breast implants to drop

Typically implants take 4-6 months to drop in place, settle, decrease swelling and improve shape.
Time is your friend. Follow your Plastic Surgeons post-op instructions carefully and completely.
Good Luck

Stephen M. Davis, MD, FACS
Green Hills Plastic Surgery

1-6 months for breast implants to drop

The time it takes for implants to drop is variable, depending on how large the implants are, the tightness of your tissues, under or over the muscle etc. It is not unusual for implants to look very full initially, especially with larger implants. 
Usually by one month the implant position should look good, though they may still be a little full. The last bit of extra fullness can take 3-6 months to completely resolve. Many women actually prefer the fullness they have at one to two months to the more 'natural' softness of the upper breasts at 6 months. 
We have increasingly been using Sientra (round) 5th generation or gummy bear type implants, as these tend to hold the fullness in the long term that women like, but it does mean that I require my patients with Sientra implants to wear a bandeau for the first 2-4 weeks.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

High riding implants

Your anticipation is a very normal response to surgery and seeing "weird looking" breasts can be disconcerting.  However, you are very early in the post operative period and should trust your PS.  Allow at least 6 weeks to allow implants to fall into position but know it may take as long as 3 months.

Delio Ortegon, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Only 3 days after surgery!!! You need to wait at least 3 months before starting to comment on high ridding positions. 

Breast augmentation may take several weeks for the implants to settle to the final resting point.

Swelling in the early postoperative phase will artificially support the volume of a breast implant. It will be several weeks until the breast implants settle into their more natural appearing position.