I feel like I am getting bigger and not smaller. Is this normal?

I had my TT on 12/17/15 and I feel like Im getting bigger not smaller. I just don't feel like my stomach swelling has "gone down" I feel I was a lot smaller right after surgery then almost 2 months later. I feel so stressed about it and its very frustrating. my skin is still tender and my muscles feel sore when I touch them. Is all this normal someone please help clear my mind. all I want is the best results. Also when is a good time to start exercising.

2 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (2 months post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
If after six months post-op, I recommend you send us your photos again, to give you more information about how we can solve this problem.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear about your frustration with your tummy tuck results.  TT with liposuction do result in a fair amount of soft tissue swelling to the abdomen that may last for several months.  Most long-term results are not reached for at least 6-12 months after surgery.  It is very common for the body to hold onto extra water weight as a result, but there are steps that you can take to try and minimize this.  Use a compression garment/Spanx to your stomach area, be sure to hydrate daily, maintain a healthy diet of fruits, vegetables and minimal salt intake.  Most importantly maintain close follow up with your surgeon to ensure that you continue to heal well and without further issues.  Hang in there!

Post op Tummy Tuck

Hi and thanks for the question. If you are still having symptoms this far out from surgery you need to be seen. This should be with the surgeon who performed the procedure if you are comfortable, or the another surgeon certified by the American Board of Palstic surgery experienced with tummy tuck procedures. Best of Luck and Inhope you feel better soon- Dr Hardy...

James E. Hardy, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after tummy tuck

If its been 2 months since your tummy tuck, and you think you are bigger now, than right after surgery, your concerns are real. You have submitted no photographs so I can not comment on what I think. However, it sounds like you still have significant inflammation which may mean you are still significantly swollen. You couold have also developed a seroma which could cause the same problems. I would check with your surgeon right away.

Eric Weiss MD

Eric Weiss, MD, FACS
Orange Park Plastic Surgeon

Since you DID not post any photos very hard to advise via the internet. Best to seek in person second opinions from boarded PSs in FL... 

Bigger not smaller

This could be due to swelling especially if you had lipo done at the same time.also if you are distended from inadequate bowel movements this also can cause bloating.If you are 2 months I normally will let my patients exercise but always check with your doctor.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

I feel like I am getting bigger and not smaller. Is this normal? = ask your plastic surgeon #tt #tummytuck #recovery

Patients with questions and concern about their recovery and outcome after a tummy tuck should address those questions directly with the plastic surgeon that performed the procedure. 

John Mesa, MD