I'm 17 days post-op from mommy makeover; everything was going well until my incision had opened. Is it infected? (Photo)

I see my ps Monday and have been treating the opening with hydrogen peroxide and antibiotic cream. I want to minimize the opening should I be in a reclined position and minimize movement until healed?

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question. Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Incision Opened

There is always a potential that an incision that reopens will infect if it does not seal properly during the healing process. If you are still worried about this I would definitely recommend that you see your surgeon in person to have the incision evaluated to ensure proper healing. Best Wishes.

Mommy make-over - one area of incision has opened.

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • Your incision may be separating a little because of tension on the skin, because of a suture rising to the surface or because of infection.
  • You should do what your surgeon advises you to do  -and see him earlier if you are concerned.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD

Ask your surgeon

Please check with your surgeon as your surgeon is the best person to answer that question. Without knowing your medical history it is difficult to help you. Good luck!

I'm 17 days post-op from mommy makeover; everything was going well until my incision had opened. Is it infected?

Why have you NOT seen you surgeon in person abut this incision dehiscence? OH bet you were out of country surgery! Call and prepay with cash for postop care from local boarded pSs or FLY back to be seen!

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.At this point (2 weeks post-po) the swelling have to be minimal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.

Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Drderby

Continue your wound care until your appointment tommorrow with your surgeon. I am sure all we be fine. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Incision

I think you are doing the right things until you see your surgeon tomorrow. Some times clients heal like that and it's hard, but give it time. Your physician will direct you during your follow up tomorrow but peroxide is what my clients use to clean their incisions on a routine basis. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Wound

Movement will not affect the course of healing for this. Continue your recovery and wound care until you see your surgeon tomorrow. This should heal on its own over time with good wound care.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Is my tummy tuck incision infected?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph and I am sorry to see your wound healing difficulty.  Small incision separations are not uncommon after a tummy tuck and can be the result of suture material, tension on the skin, or an infection, among other reasons. It does not appear that yours is the result of an infection and I would recommend stopping the use of hydrogen peroxide and only apply ointment and clean gauze to the wound.  Your plastic surgeon will offer you the best advice at your follow-up appointment.  I would try and minimize any pulling sensation on the wound but this should go on to heal with little change to your long-term appearance.  Hang in there!