I'm 10 weeks post TT with muscle repair, and have swelling above belly button, What can I do? (Photo)

I had a hematoma a few days after surgery in right upper abdomen and had to have a drain placed at about 6 weeks and TPA injected to get coagulated blood to thin and drain. Just had CT yesterday, results say "Residual soft tissue thickening and edema but no drainable fluid collection evident" "Minor heterogeneity of the rectus sheath" "There is residual edematous change within subcutaneous fat but no actual fluid collection" PS says it is swelling and will go away.

Hematoma and swelling after tummy tuck

I'm sorry you had the hematoma develop.  That is a risk when tightening the abdominal wall.  Based on the CT scan, there is still a considerable amount of related swelling and I think compression garments and massage will help certainly.  It can take a considerable amount of time for the after effects of the hematoma to resolve so don't lose hope. It will likely get better with time.

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your hematoma issues.  Your CT scan results sound more consistent with swelling of the tissues and with time you should see steady improvement.  Hang in there!

2 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (2 months post-po) the swelling have to be minimal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD