Non-invasive hyperhidrosis treatment?

Is there anytype of non-invasive surgery/ treatments that can stop my palms for excessively sweating? I've tried antiperspirants like Odaban and they just don't seem to work. The sweating in my palms isn't severe, it doesn't drip but it's noticable, I just want to be able to touch someone without them looking at me in disgust

Botox vs creams vs others

Goto sweat free.com.au  I wrote that site to guide patients. Also the International HH Society can help. Choices are-1. 20 % Al hexahydrate- cheapest. 2. Glycopyralate 2% cream, compounded 3. Iontophoresis 4. Glyco - iontophoresis 5. Botox. Of the treatments, Botox works the best, but if its covered under Medical Insurance - go for it. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Botox vs creams vs others

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Palm botox

Palm botox is effective but its pretty uncomfortable. I recommend a local anesthetic nerve block to numb the palm before going through with it. If lidocaine is used it should only last 1 hour or so but you may still want someone to drive you home after. Hope that helps. Adam Goodwin

Palm botox

Noninvasive hyperhidrosis

Noninvasive treatments have predominated over the last several years with the rise of Botox, Miradry, as well as RF based treatments.  Surgery is often too risky and invasive for most patients now that there are other options:

• Botox- The standard for hyperhidrosis with local side effects only.  May require a larger dose for the scalp.
  • Oral medications- Typically involve anticholinergic medications such as glycopyrrolate and are not well tolerated due to systemic side effects.
  • Topical medications- Drysol is often a first line treatment but may not be effective for all patients.
  • Surgery- May be last resort for some patients but hyperhidrosis treatments tend to be moving away from this
  • LASERS/Miradry/ Radiofrequency- Very effective and for some patients can approach a permanent solution.  In my office, we combine radio frequency needling (fractora) with laser hair removal as a semi-permanent to permanent solution.  

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Noninvasive hyperhidrosis

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox is an effective solution for hyperhidrosis

Botox is an effective solution for hyperhidrosis and can reduce sweat production by up to 90%. Results start to be noticeable approximately 2 to 4 days after treatment with the full effects usually noted within 2 weeks. Dryness typically lasts 4 to 12 months but some studies have found it can last as long as 14 months. 

Non invasive hyperhidrosis treatment for palms

Botulinum toxin injections are probably the gold standard treatment.  Tap water iontophoresis has the advantage that the treatments can be self administered once taught how to do it.  

Alastair J. Platt, FRCS (plast)
Hull Plastic Surgeon

Non-invasive hyperhidrosis treatment?

The current gold standard treatment for hyperhidrosis of the palms are Botox Cosmetic® or Dysport® injections. Please consult a board certified aesthetic dermatologist for a a consultation.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Non-invasive hyperhidrosis treatment?

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Hyperhidrosis treatment

Dear Allie,

Thank you for your question! Botox is a well-known, safe and effective FDA-approved treatment for hyperhidrosis. When used for the treatment of hyperhidrosis, its effect usually lasts for 8 to 12 months  and then it can be re-injected. At my office and to make the patients more comfortable during the procedure, we apply topical numbing cream on the treatment area around half an hour ahead of time. We also have a cooling machine that continuously blows cool air on the skin throughout the procedure and that helps significantly to make the procedure more comfortable. The actual injection is quick and easy and takes about 10 to 15 minutes. By the way just a reminder that Botox is only a symptomatic treatment for hyperhidrosis and you need to make sure there is no underlying medical reason (such as hyperthyroidism) which needs attention. I hope it helps and thanks!

Hyperhidrosis treatment

Dear Allie,

Botulinum toxin treatment for sweaty palms

Botulinum toxin injections work great for sweating over the palms. Treatments are typically repeated every 6 monthly or so, and give good results. If you are apprehensive about the shots, you could try the treatment for the right hand first, to experience the process - before you start doing treatments regularly for both hands. 

Renita (Lourdhurajan) Rajan, MD, DNB
India Dermatologist

Non-invasive hyperhidrosis treatment?

Thank you for sharing your excellent question.   For the palms of the hands, injections of Botox works very well at reducing the amount of perspiration that can develop.  As it requires an advanced injection technique, be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to discuss the treatment benefits and risks.  Hope this helps.

Non-invasive hyperhidrosis treatment?