My girls are kind of scaring me? (Photo)

Two weeks ago my left breast was bigger then my right now that I'm going on my 4 week my right look bigger then my left my doc say is normal that I should have great results and my healing process feel like its taking forever

My breast implants are kind of scaring me?

Thank you for your question.  You are very early in recovery and still have swelling.  The asymmetry that she see is normal so early in recovery after surgery.  Over the next 3 months the implants will drop and look much more natural.  Any asymmetry that she had before surgery may be more noticeable after breast implants.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Do I need to worry about my breasts?

You are so recent to the time of the procedure.  With only one photo and no preoperatively pix  I would advice you to follow the recommendations and opinions of your Plastic Surgeon..  If you trusted your doctor to do your surgery initially , having hopefully done your homework prior to selecting this Plastic Surgeon, continue to listen to his or her opinion.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photograph.

I would recommend consulting with your surgeon so they can perform a physical examination. You are still early in your recovery period and while there is swelling present, the breasts may appear uneven. Over the first 6-8 weeks the swelling should begin to resolve and the breasts will start to drop into their pockets and appear more natural and symmetrical. Everyone heals at different rates and one side may heal quicker than the other. I would wait until you are at least 6 months post op to make a final judgement on the symmetry of your breasts. Best of luck in your recovery.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Different sizes

If your right is bigger than your left and you are 4 weeks out and your right breast is harder/firmer than yoiu left you may have a hematoma on that side.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

My girls are kind of scaring me?

Thank you for your question and photograph, and it appears that you will have a very nice result. After placement of implants, the breasts will change dramatically over the next several months, as the implants drop, and the overlying tissue stretches to accommodate the extra volume. In your case the swelling from surgery is flattening your implants and holding them high on your chest.  As the swelling resolves the volume within the implant will redistribute towards the lower portion of your breast achieving a more natural appearance.  It is normal for one side to soften, relax, and drop faster than the other giving an asymmetrical look.  I know waiting is difficult, but judge your results at 4-6 months after surgery as most of your breast changes should have occurred by then. Hope this helps.

My girls are kind of scaring me?

Based upon ONLY 1 posted photo appears right is smaller. BUT very unfair to give you any replies without posting more photos including before pics.

Recovery after surgery

You're still early post-op, it's too early to judge your final result. The healing process takes months. Be patient, follow your Surgeons post-op instructions 

Breast Augmentation

Hi and thank you for your question.

You are still healing. It may take anywhere between 3 and 6 months for all the swelling to subside and for the implants to drop and settle into position. Try to be patient. Contact your surgeon with any questions or concerns. Best wishes.

Post Op

Thank you for your photo. It is a pleasure to answer your question. You´re still on your recovey process. 4 weeks post-op of your surgery is too early to see the final outcome. The swelling would start going down with every week that passes by. Sometimes you will have one breast that will settle before the other one. It can take anywhere from 4-6 months for your breasts to fully heal and drop/settle into their final position. I recommend patience and follow up closely with your surgeon. Hope this helps. Good luck. 

Carlos Recio, MD
Cali Plastic Surgeon