Firm bulge in chest area is a concern. What happened?

On day eight after TT surgery I got my drains out. That night I sat up in bed, turned slightly to my left to adjust a pillow behind me. I then felt a heaviness in my chest and couldn't catch my breath. I have since been left with this firm bulge (centre between breast leading down to navel). Surgeon was out of town so I was referred to another. He says everything looks fine, assistant said muscle may be taut and give it time. It's more annoying than the tummy tuck itself. May I have your thoughts please.

Firm bulge in chest after tummy tuck. Some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.

After performing a tummy tuck with muscle repair is frequent that the patient feels that uncomfortable sensation of a bulge in the chest or shortness of breath.
I suggest you to visit your surgeon and be evaluated. 

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Bulge post tummy

This could be some swelling or a fluid collection who knows.I would lay low and see your surgeon when he returns.It sounds like something that will resolve given enough time.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

At this point must wait till your chosen surgeon returns. You saw the covering PS whom say no real urgent issues..

Thank you for your question and I can certainly understand your concerns.  This could be the result of a number of things, but it sounds as if you have either developed a discrete fluid collection that is tenting your skin, or perhaps that the upper muscle tightening done during a tummy tuck may have failed.  With the acute change in the appearance of your stomach, I would definitely be seen by your operative surgeon for an in-person examination, as they know best what took place during surgery.