Feel like I went too small. Breast augmentation

I am 2 weeks post op with 250 and 300 silicone indeed. At first I was in love with them now I feel like they are too small. I am wearing the bra and feel like I see no difference in clothes.

Breast Implants

Thank you for your question.You are still early in the recovery process. Give yourself time to heal and get used to the changes . If you are still unhappy with the size in 6 months, contact your surgeon to discuss your options. Best wishes.

Breast Implants

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Early post op, some advices:

thanks for sharing your concerns with us. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Early post op, some advices:

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Revision implants

You will need to allow them to heal for a while before considering a revision. Best of luck..........

Revision implants

Did I go too small?

Like thousands before you,  many ladies become hyper fixated on their breast after augmentation surgery. This is normal, and I would encourage you not to become too fixated or concerned at this time. I would love for you to give yourself a full year for the implants to mature and the skin to stretch before making your final decision.  After that, if you still feel you would like to be fuller, it is then easy to place larger implants after the pocket has accommodated the current implants well.I tell all my patients, it is best to size in the office and perform 3-D visualization of your expected outcome before hand.  This ensures the patients will not be unhappy with their size after surgery. One thing that is almost universal, is that breast augmentation patients always wish they had gone slightly fuller. In order to help with this, i sometimes add 10% volume to the implants we chose before surgery. 

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Did I go too small?

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Too big or too small....

Thanks for your question. Most patients after breast surgery become very fixated on their new breasts. They forget what they used to look like and become overly critical. For some they are concerned they are too large and now people will know they had surgery. With larger implants they may feel it is difficult to exercise. The opposite patient who feels like they are too small, must realize that a larger implant will be heavier and may stretch out the pocket risking malposition and asymmetry. It might also become more noticeable and even make them look heavy. Most patients I see seeking smaller implants want to fill out their bra and look better in clothes without compromising their activities. A random comment like "I can't even tell you had anything done" can be uplifting to some and depressing to others. With those size implants, if you are still able to wear the same bra then you likely didn't have a bra that really fit properly. Hang in there. I think that you will find that you got what you wanted. Best of Luck!

Too big or too small....

Size concern

You are not my patient, but I too encourage you to be patient for the changes that are coming over the next year. The chances are that you will not be sorry.Good luck

Size concern

Post op aug

crious about your height and weight and starting pics.  your implants are not very big. that being said wait 6 months before making a decision. everything needs to stretch out and settle

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Post op aug

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and I am sorry that your current implant appearance has caused you concern.  After placement of implants, the overall appearance of the breasts will change dramatically over the next several months, as the implants drop, and the overlying tissue stretches to accommodate the extra volume. In your case the swelling from surgery is flattening your implants and holding them high on your chest.  Though they will not get bigger, the volume within the implant will redistribute towards the lower portion of your breast achieving a more natural appearance, and filling your bra cup more.   I know waiting is difficult, but judge your results at 4-6 months after surgery as most of your breast changes should have occurred by then. Hope this helps.

Ask your surgeon the additional fees to exchange for 100 cc minimum increases per side. Usually fee would be in $2,500++ ranges.. Always most important to go larger than you think.

I'm sorry to hear about the concerns you are experiencing after breast surgery.  You should be aware that a significant percentage of patients at your stage of recovery will feel that they are too big or (more commonly) too small. I routinely ask my patients to wait at least 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery. This waiting time allows patients to (usually) physically and psychologically adapt to their new body image. 

In other words, it is much too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed; your breasts will undoubtedly change over the course of the next several weeks/months.   The vast majority of patients with your concerns at your stage in the recovery process, turn out to be much happier two to three months after the procedure was performed. For example, many of my patients report that as the swelling around the breast implants (for example, in the sternal area) decreases, they feel that their breasts appear more projecting. Also, in my opinion, the "drop and fluff” phenomenon does hold some validity; as breast implants “settle”, many patients feel that their breasts actually look larger. 

Although online consultants cannot predict whether or not you will be pleased with the long-term outlook, of the procedure performed, it is safe to predict that the breasts will change. Do your best to stay emotionally even keeled. I would suggest continued patience and continued close follow-up with your plastic surgeon. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with longer-term.