Fat transfer breast augmentation.

I explanted 450cc 4 weeks ago, saline 360cc 92-98, silicone 98-16, 5'6" 124 lbs. I had lipo in 93, 10 lbs heaver then. I do have fat in my inner/ outer thighs so have enough fat for a transfer. Need correction to my left breast smaller than right. Goal is symmetrical/upper portion volume. Concerns, long term safety, breast tissue damage, surgeon experience-how to find educated and experienced physicians in the US, procedure current health concerns, future of this innovative procedure opinions.

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. Fat transfer after implant removal can be an excellent choice to restore volume of the deflated breasts especially in areas where the implant may have actually created some chest wall depression. In your case, however, you may be limited to the amount of volume that can be placed due to the reserves that are available. Fat transfer is technique dependent and must be placed as millions of small seeds or parcels, not unlike a farmer planting a garden, in order to maximize their survival and minimize risks . Once integrated into the surrounding tissue, fat has the potential to last a lifetime. Fat is soft, natural and yours and will never be rejected. I would certainly discuss this with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in these techniques. Please see the attached videos for thorough discussion and operative procedures on concepts of fat transfer and plans change with that. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr. Kayser - Detroit

Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Fat auto augmentation of the Breasts?

You have a very good question, and this is well thought out. Without pictures it's hard to determine exactly the best procedure for you. At 125 pounds is unlikely that you'll be able to get enough fat from the thighs to give any appreciable fullness to the breast at the upper pole. Again this is just a thought having not seen any pictures. The other question is why did you have the implants removed? This could become important in determining the best procedure for you at this point. Please see a  board-certified surgeon in your area that has experience with fat transfer. A good consultation will give you several options in achieving your desired outcomes. This may include a lift, a lift with fat grafting, or replacement of newer, textured cohesive gel implants? Hope this helps. 

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer breast augmentation.

Without in person examination can not offer you fat grafting to breasts. See Breast implant illness site.