Is this Dr error? And how do I know who can fix it and who's going to make it worse? (photos)

My surgery was 2 and a half months ago. Could this of been avoided if I had chose another Dr? From this point on should I use another surgeon to do a revison or my original PS? She is bored certified and has all the great qualifications and 30 years experience and I wasn't able to find even one bad review about her. but I'm scared. How do I know what PS would be the best? what questions should I ask? I'm willing to travel anywhere in the US to fix them. Please help!

Doctor Answers 14

What to do to get a better result?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thanks for your question. The photos appear to show a double bubble and very large breast implants. This will likely improve over time as the soft tissue stretches. The double fold may not go away completely, but usually at 1 year you'll see an improvement. This is not the time to consider revision surgery - not now. When you're ready consider:

1. Seeing at least 3 certified plastic surgeons for different opinions.
2. Ask to see before and after of double bubble correction. 
3. Consider smaller breast implants that are not as wide.
4. Consider switching to a shape breast implant and avoid saline. 

Best wishes always, 


Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 215 reviews

Double bubble trouble

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
This looks like a double bubble, where implants that were much larger than your own breast were used and the fold was lowered.  Unfortunately, some effect from the original IMF remains.

I would consider downsizing the implants significantly to fit your initial breast dimensions, and repairing the fold with a capsule plication method.  These are very challenging cases.

Best wishes,

Breast Augmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Sometimes revisions are needed after this type of surgery, since your plastic surgeon is board certified,go back to her for the needed revision. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 33 reviews

Can this be fixed.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The double contour seen at the bottom of the breasts(double bubble) is associated with under the muscle implants. From your photos , it appears that you had an augmentation with periareolar lift. The implants appear quite large for the with of your breasts, which contributes to this problem. This can be fixed with revisional surgery. I would consider using smaller implants and conversion to a "lollipop" or more extensive lift. An experienced breast surgeon who performs a lot of revisional surgery would be your best choice.

Breast correction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
These corrections are complicated and have a lot of moving parts. In your case some implant support with seri, gala flex or strattice would provide the best fix. See a few surgeons with an interest and experience in these corrective surgeries.

Jason Pozner, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 46 reviews

Could this have been avoided?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
It appears that you recieved a circumareolar mastopexy with placement of large breast implants via seperate  incisions at your inframammary folds.  The lower breast pocket dissection appears to have disrupted the ligaments of the inframammary folds which resulted in a "bottoming out" phenomenon. The result of this is the appearance of a double bubble. In order to correct this the inframmammary fold will have to be re-created at its original location by multiple strong stitches. It is also ideal to size down the breast implants in order to minimize the potential for recurrence of the double bubble. I suggest you discuss this with your current PS. If you are not satisfied with your PS it is reasonable to obtain a second or third opinion. Best of luck!

Double bubble

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
After looking at your photos you need a smaller implant also if you want to be bigger you could get a smaller implant and at the same time do some fat grafting to give you more fullness superiorly and along your breast bone.this would be a win win.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 69 reviews

Find the right surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Yes, this is called a double contour deformity. It can be corrected by a variety of measures. You should return to your plastic surgeon for consultation and advice on the next steps or see a specialist on double bubble corrections if you have lost confidence in your surgeon. 

Finding the right surgeon is very important. I have attached a link to help you pick the right one. 
Good luck

Double Bubble Deformity

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
This looks like a classic double bubble deformity where the implant has fallen below the native fold. This is a challenging case but one your original PS should be able to fix. There is no guarantee when undergoing surgery with any surgeon however confidence and trust should be a vital part of choosing a surgeon. There is no right answer on who to choose. You need to go with your gut and if that means finding a new surgeon who makes your feel confident, then look at a few options and have candid discussion with each. Good Luck.

Visit your PS

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for the question and photo.  It would be best to discuss your concern with you board-certified plastic surgeon first and see what your options are.  It would be hard to assess your situation without an in person examination.  Best of luck, Dr. Michael Omidi.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 121 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.