Dose my breast look normal for 18 days my left is healing faster then my right? (photos)

I had 240 cc of saline put in each breast my left seem to be healing faster then the right and I have more pain on the right then my left not only that my left look a little but bigger then my right i am 18 day post op dose my breast look normal is it normal for this to occur

Dose my breast look normal for 18 days my left is healing faster then my right?

Thank you for your question.  Based on the photographs to provide you look normal for 18 days after a combination breast lift with implants.  Is very common at this early stage for there to be slight asymmetries which uses usually resolve in time.  However if the breasts were asymmetrical before surgery those asymmetries tend to persist.  If you are concerned it is always best to see your surgeon for an examination to reassure you and not rely on Internet advice.

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.  In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast implants

You are very early in the healing process and you need to allow them to heal over time.  Best of luck.

Post operative results

it is always best to discuss your results with your plastic surgeon as they know more about what was done and the expectations given the surgery. But everything looks like it is doing well. 

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photograph.

It is important to address any post-operative concerns with your plastic surgeon.  You are still early on in your recovery. Throughout your recovery period you may experience different sensations such as tingling, burning or intermittent shooting pain.  These are normal experiences as the skin, muscles and tissue stretch to accommodate your implants, and as sensory nerves heal.  Swelling after a breast augmentation occurs with 100% of patients, eventually the swelling will go down and your breasts will drop into their pockets, sometimes you heal quicker in one breast than the other and one implant can even drop sooner than the other one.  If one implant is still sitting too high, the use of a breast binder and a foam wedge is beneficial to add downward pressure to that breast. I would continue to perform your breast massages. Your doctor may also prescribe you a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help with the swelling. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question and photos. You are still early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Bigger on one side

Without a preoperative picture to compare to, it's hard to tell. Usually, if you start out with the same size breasts, and use the same size implant on each side, and the end result is pretty much symmetric. If that's the case, certainly one side could swell more than the other and may take a few months to even out. I wouldn't worry about asymmetry at least for two months. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS