Is a Donut lift required (with breast augmentation)? (photos)

I've had different opinions from different doctors ranging from not needing a lift with an augmentation, to needing a donut lift, to needing a vertical lift. I'd really like to avoid the lift if I can get away with just an augmentation. I wanted to get opinions as to whether that would produce a decent result?

No breast Lift Needed

Based on your pictures, I would recommend a breast augmentation alone to start out with.  You appear to be on the border of needing a small lift, but why give yourself the scars if you may not need them.  You can always do a lift in the future if need be, but I suspect an implant alone will fill up your breast tissue ( you appear more empty than saggy) and provide you with a nice result.  I hope this helps.

No Breast Lift needed

Your breast tissue is empty.

Your NAC (Nipple Areola Compex) looks wide (you didn't mention your size) and you have a very good symmetry.

In your case a periareolar implant or a standart implant procedure would be suitable,
which would give a good result instead of breast lifting.

In my opinion you do not need a breast lift.

Ozge Ergun, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and lift candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 450ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast augmentation

You would most likely get a good result with breast augmentation but you need to be see in person to determine that. Please seek an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Be sure to express your goals and expectations to your chosen surgeon. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area
#realself #drdeanvistnes #breastlift #breastaugmentation

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Is a lift necessary

Thanks you for posting this question.  While the pictures are helpful they can't take the place of an in person exam.  You say that you have received different recommendations from different doctors so you are looking for additional opinions, and I suspect that your online responses will match your real life ones.  In my experience, based upon your pictures, I believe that an augmentation alone should be able to meet your needs, but there might be some benefit to reducing the size of your areolae and lifting them a bit if that is an issue for you.  However you choose to proceed, make sure that you have had an honest and complete discussion with your plastic surgeon, and that he or she is Board Certified and experienced in breast augmentation, with and without breast lifts. 

Isaac Starker, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Dual plane augmentation

I think you would do great with a dual plane augmentation without a lift. This allows the lower breast to fill out and better to centralize the nipple without a lift. This is possible since your nipple is near but not below the breast fold. Discuss with your surgeons and look at the post op patients with pre ops that look like you. Good luck.

Aug with lift

You might be better of with  circumareolar lift to raise your areola a bit because the breast does hang a bit. Best to be evaluated in person.

You would do great with a simple augmentation.  Your nipples/areolas are pretty symmetric and not so ptotic so you do not need a lift.  A donut mastopexy to maybe reduce the size of your areolas may be a consideration but not necessary.  Best wishes, Dr. T

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  You will find different surgeons will have varying opinions about this.  I think you could have a nice result with an implant and a dual plane approach without a lift. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Is a Donut lift required (with breast augmentation)?

You should be fine with a sub-fascial augmentation.
Some internal lifting could also be done.without further scarring

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon