My eye feels swollen since I feel like I somehow injured the underlying tissue. Did I ruin the work of my surgeon? (photos)

Approx 8 weeks or so after inner corner bleph revision my scar got worse. I did something to it and after the incident a burning / stabbing sensation took over. It was soooo painful like someone was pulling the scar in half. Did I ruin the surgeons work? The scar thickened the next morning. Wondered if aggravating it changed the healing process and the course of the surgeons work.

Pain in eye post revision

Since you are only 8 weeks I would give it soem more time.For a scar to fully mature it can take several months.As long as you do not have an acute problem going on like drainage,fever etc just give it soem time.Also go back to your doctor and let him take a look as well.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Scarring after revisional Blepharoplasty

The scar appears mildly raised and hypertrophic.It is unlikely that this happened in a short space but probably as a result of the surgery.  A variety of things can be done to help this settle down.  Time itself will improve it considerably.  Injection may help somewhat.  Certainly there is possibility that it may require some minor revision such as laser or other.  I do not believe that she did anything to make it worse although the question including  the statement "I did something to it" makes me wonder.  I suggest she return to your surgeon to determine if something other than watchful waiting can be done.

Richard O. Gregory, MD

Scars can change throughout the healing process, which can take 3-6 months

It is common for scars to be more sensitive and even more prominent looking starting around 6-8 weeks after surgery. It usually takes several months for them to flatten and become less sensitive. I would see your surgeon to be sure, but I don't see anything of concern in the photographs you provided.

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

My eye feels swollen since I feel like I somehow injured the underlying tissue. Did I ruin the work of my surgeon?

I do not see any issues as you describe in the posted photos. Best to follow up with your surgeon ASAP...