How much does it cost to exchange implants to a bigger size?

I am about 5 weeks post op and I really do like the way my new boobs look. Anything was better than before. However, I chose a smaller implant and even though my doctor told me it may not be as big as I wanted, I chickened out and chose smaller for fear of going too big. I still don't want a huge implant I just want to look like I have big breasts while maintaining a more natural look. Is the surgery to exchange the implants as much money as the first one? And how long should I wait?

If you don't get the size implant you want. What to do??

It typically is very easy and straight forward to exchange to a bigger implant and you are currently out far enough if your trying to just go up a bit but if you are wanting to go a few hundred bigger then waiting a few months is best. We typically charge 3000 for saline and 4000$ for silicone. Cost is not just related to location and expertise but also if they have their own operating room so cost can me controlled as we do. I perform over a thousand implants a year and also offer virtual consults as well.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Revision/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Wait 3 to 6 months. Fee ranges from $4,000 to $6,000. Best to seek a few in person second opinions.

I am sorry to hear about your disappointment with the results of the breast surgery.  Policy regarding coverage of expenses for revisionary surgery will vary from office to office and probably on a case-by-case basis as well.  For example, costs of revisionary surgery may range from full fees, anesthesia/surgery center fees only,  and/or discounted surgeon's fees.

In situations like this, I suggest patients communicate their concerns in a calm and constructive fashion; this form communication tends to be much more effective than confrontational communication. Communicate your goals in terms of an overall look, not achieving a specific cup size.  The use of visual aids (goal photos) can be very helpful.

The good news: revisionary breast surgery to increase breast size is often associated with very minimal discomfort and much less of a recovery experience compared to first-time breast augmentation surgery.

Best wishes .

Exchange to bigger implants

Sorry to hear about your situation.  Generally, allow 3 months to pass before getting a better idea about your surgical result and deciding upon revision.  Rates for revision will vary from surgeon to surgeon and may be lower with your original surgeon if you work something out.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck! 

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS