Is CoolSculpting a good idea for me? Male, abdomen & flanks & lower back (Photo)

Hi, I have been training for 6 months hard this year and another 8 months last year, eating and drinking right, I feel great. I lost some weight, but my belly and love handles refuse to leave. I have been weight training this year and running/gym last year but I don't see any major progress I'm afraid. Would CoolSculpting work in my case based on the pictures provided? Thanks.

Is CoolSculpting a good idea for me? Male, abdomen & flanks & lower back

Thank you for your question. Based on your photos, you may be a candidate for CoolSculpting. However, an in-person assessment is always best. I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist for a CoolSculpting consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns and find an option that fits you best. Good luck. Regards,

Thanks for your question and we always recommend that you have a consultation with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to learn all of your treatment options. CoolSculpting is great for the areas that still have that stubborn fat – the concept has always been, if you can grab it, you can treat it. So several areas definitely can be treated with CoolSculpting. It also appears there are areas of skin laxity and for that you would need one of the skin tightening radiofrequency procedures – Venus Legacy, EndyMed 3Deep, or one of the other good RF skin tightening devices. Again, during your consultation, you will learn which are the best and most effective procedures to take care of your concerns. And congrats on doing so well working off what you had.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Photos, Cool Sculpt

I would get an in person evaluation from a reputable Cool Sculpt Provider where the RN or practice can give you a honest opinion. Looks like some fat reduction might be possible but loose skin doesn't improve with Cool Sculpting. Just be realistic about your expectations if you do cool sculpting in regards to skin improvement. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Combining CoolSculpting With Other Treatments

It looks like you have a combination of fat and loose skin, especially in your flanks. You can use CoolSculpting to get rid of some of the fat in the area, but I think a combination treatment of CoolSculpting and a skin tightening procedure would work best. Remember, there's only so much that non-invasive treatments can do. If you're looking for something dramatic you may want to consider more invasive options. Best wishes.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

CoolSculpting Candidate

From what I can see in your pictures, you have a skin laxity issue more so than fat bulges.  You could do CoolSculpting to reduce your love handles and abdomen some, but for best results you would need to find a procedure to help tighten the skin.  CoolSculpting is great for reducing stubborn fat bulges, but won't help tighten the skin that has been overly stretched.  Check with your plastic surgeon to see what your best options would be.  

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Coolsculpting vs. Hi Def

I find that a hi definition contouring procedure does best for defining, but for a local reduction of fat coolsculpting or sculpsure are non invasive alternatives. Consult with an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

From the photos you are providing it appears that you would be a good candidate for this non-surgical procedure.  Coolsculpting works very well on the love handles and abdomen which appear to be your problem area.  Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

You probably won't get the full results you want with just CoolSculpting

Liposuction will most likely provide a better likelihood of success in your situation, but it does appear that ou will have some laxity/sagging after the procedure, whichever one you choose.  Liposuction and, in particular, tumescent liposuction, is a better bet for these areas.  I think you will enjoy the results more and have a quicker path to success doing that than any of the non-invasive procedures.
If you can find a dermatologist who does the tumescent method your recovery time will be much quicker as well.  Good luck!

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologic Surgeon

Candidate for coolsculpting

From your photos it looks like coosculpting will improve some of the contour, but would need to do a proper in person assessment to give you a definitive answer.  Also, it depends on what you are looking for.  Coolsculpt will most likely not give you a "six pack" and it is unclear how much skin tightening will be achieved with coolscupting. Best to find a surgeon who does both coolsculpting and various liposuction techniques to give you the options. Hope that helps.

Joshua Korman, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon