I'm concerned. Had BA done 6/10 4 days; while getting ready to clean my breast I notice bloody liquid running? (Photos)

Hello everyone I'm concerned . I had BA done 6/10 bout 2 wks. 4 days ago while getting ready to clean my breast I notice bloody liquid started running out it looked normal no pus & the tape was half way off. I called my doctor's office & said it's OK just clean it up, don't remove tape & put some gauze on. The right breast is fine so far i haven't seen any drainage from the righy. Today while cleaning the left still draining no pus. looks like it's open or if this how it's supposed to look.

I'm concerned. Had BA done 6/10 4 days; while getting ready to clean my breast I notice bloody liquid running?

'What am I suppose to do?' GO SEE YOUR SURGEON ASAP!. This issue need immediate in person examination.

I'm concerned. Had BA performed and have noticed bloody liquid running?

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your recovery issues.  Though your photographs demonstrate an incision separation that may be the cause of your drainage I would recommend seeing your surgeon for an in-person examination to rule out any other issues such as implant exposure or draining hematoma.  If it is only a superficial incision separation local wound care will heal this from the inside-out.  Hope this helps.

Incision Drainage

I'm sorry to hear this- you need to be seen in person right away. Drainage is not expected and this cannot be managed at on your own or left untreated.

All the best

Draining Post Breast Augmentation

If you are experiencing severe redness, swelling, #drainage, #oozing or odor, it is important to call the office and speak with the doctor or medical staff. You may need to be seen in the office and evaluated. If the wound becomes separated or you develop a small opening, this again should be evaluated so that appropriate steps can be taken as soon as possible.
It may be best to see your surgeon for advice. But, if my patients have concerns that their #healing or pain are unusual, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined.

Breast implants

You need to see your surgeon...........................................................................................................

Drainage after breast augmentation

It doe look like there is a small separation of the incision site.  Typically by cleaning and applying antibiotic ointment, the wound will heal without any further treatment.  But there is always a possibility of further opening of the wound, which may result in infection.  See your plastic surgeon for follow up.  

Alex Kim, MD

Alex Kim, MD