Compression garment post mommy makeover with lipo.

After a mommy makeover with lipo i will get whatever garmet the dr gives me. How soon after surgery will i switch to a different kind and how do i know which garmet to buy before surgery?

Compression Garment Post-Op

With #breastaugmentation such as #abdominoplasty, we have our patients start on vitamins and supplements two weeks before and two weeks after.  We prefer VitaMedica, as we know the content of these surgical support vitamins.  The program includes Arnica and Bromelain.  Most patients will be placed in an abdominal binder, or compression garment, which they will wear the first week. There is usually a fair amount of swelling and the binder should be opened several times a day so that there are no pressure points. After the first 7 to 10 days the patient is placed in an elastic garment for compression over the next six weeks. Swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. Frequently the pubic area and the scrotal and penis area for men can become very swollen and discolored during the first two weeks due to gravity as this is the lowest area for swelling to accumulate.

Compression garments

HI.  Every surgeon will have a slightly different protocol.  My approach is to use an abdominal binder (velcro and elastic) for 4 weeks after a tummy tuck.  After that, you can switch to a Spanx-type garment, which still gives a little compression.  Best to check with your surgeon.

Mommy make-over - when to wear non-surgical garment?

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • Generally women can change to a new garment after two weeks -
  • But I have had patients wear the surgical garment for months because it feels right for them.
  • I suggest you not buy a garment before surgery - because you will be swollen and one you buy now may not fit.
  • Wait until your surgeon tells you that a different one is fine -
  • Spanx and garments like them are popular with my patients.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Mommy makeover Post op

Thank you for your question.  When it comes to surgery and post operative care, it is always best to discuss your concerns with your surgeon first as every surgeon has their own unique set of post operative instructions they want their patients to adhere to.  With regards to different garments, the only suggestion would be to bring samples to your surgeon and let them make a determination as to which, if any, are suitable.
With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Compression garments

This is something that is best discussed with your surgeon.  Use and preference of compression garments vary from physician to physician.  Your surgeon will best be able to advise you what type he/she prefers and how long you will be wearing it.

Camille Cash, MD

Compression Garment After Mommy Makeover

This is something you need to discuss with your surgeon. Most surgeons supply the initial garment and if they want you to purchase an additional one, they will tell you what they recommend. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, MD

Compression Garment

You should dress the question with your surgeon as each surgeon has is protocol.I do not use a compression garment on abdominolipoplasty procedures.
Good luck

Greetings Thank you for your question, i recommed that you speak to your surgeon about this because it all depends on the surgeon that will perform the surgery.

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

This question is best addressed to the Surgeon performing the procedure and his/her staff. Depending on what specific procedures you are undergoing- a specific garment will be recommended.