How to know if capsular contraction has started? Am I dropping right? (Photo)

I know my surgeon is the best person to ask however I would like some extra feed back. As you can see left breast was bigger than right preop and I was informed it would also drop faster than right. I did the no no and read a bunch of other people's experiences and started to worry about my own. When should I worry about capsular contraction?

How to know if capsular contraction has started? Am I dropping right?

Thank you for your question and photographs. After placement of implants, the appearance of the breasts will change dramatically over the next several months, as the implants drop, and the overlying tissue stretches to accommodate the extra volume. In your case the swelling from surgery is flattening your implants and holding them high on your chest.  As this swelling resolves, the volume within the implant will redistribute towards the lower portion of your breast achieving a more natural appearance.   I know waiting is difficult, but capsular contracture is unlikely at this early recovery timeframe and I would recommend judging your results at 4-6 months after surgery as most of your breast changes should have occurred by then. Hope this helps.

Thank you for your question.  It is far too early to be worried about capsular contracture as that is unlikely to occur in the first few months after breast augmentation.  He did have an asymmetry preop and I believe that is what you are see now.  Vascular plastic surgeon if you can begin breast implant displacement exercises to encourage the implants to drop sooner..

Implant placement

You may be developing a capsular contracture, but more significantly, the implants are superiorly displaced.  You would likely need a revision to reposition the implants lower on your chest wall.  You may even consider a mastopexy for better symmetry between the breasts.  

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Postop aug TIME?

You did nt sate postop the frames? Best t seek in person paid second opinions to receive exact response if you can not wait the 3 month postop healing time.