What breast size implantation do you recommend? I'm 5'4" and weigh 110 pounds

Im 5'4 weight around 110 pounds, right now at 34A im 18 years old. Im very thin, waist is 26 inches and hips are 35 inches.

I advocate external sizers

to help you 'see' what you will look like with you have your implants in.  Everyone has different ideas of what is best so I like to let my patients choose themselves, the size they want and the only time I interfere is if their desires make them look fat or top heavy since my reputation is also on the line when they are recovered and showing their results off.

Difficult to precisely answer.

It depends on what your aesthetic endpoint is. As a general rule, the larger the implant, the less natural it will appear. The most important measurement will be the base width of your breast. The final implant you select should be 1-2 cm narrower than the width of your breast. The particular cup size and overall look that you have in mind will determine if you need a moderate, moderate plus, high profile, or ultra high profile implant. If your breast lacks shape and you are fairly flat, a shaped anatomic implant might be a good option for you. On lay sizers can be most helpful which you insert in an unpadded bra to give you an idea of what you would look like with a given implant within your bra or bathing suit top. All of this should be discussed with your plastic surgeon. Just remember, if you are made too big, the only way to correct that is with revision surgery, but if you end up slightly smaller than you expected, you can always still wear a padded bra, even after your augmentation. Good luck with your decision and with your surgery. 

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

Hi and thanks for your question. Without the benefit of your photos it's impossible to give you an accurate assessment. I would think that based on your height, weight and current bra size that an implant in the range of 325 cc would benefit you best. If you post youir photos, I'll be happy to update my answer.

In any case, always seek out the opinion of a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery with years of experience in cosmetic breast surgery. Furthermore request to see before and after photos of previous patients by that doctor....not a clinic or surgery center. Do your homework......research and verify the doctor's credentials. Have they had problems with the Board of Medicine, disciplinary or otherwise. Any law suits?

How about the center, clinic or facility? Are they accredited by a national organization or do they just have State approval. Understand that at the current time, there are three nationally recognized organizations responsible for the highest levels of patient safety, AAAASF, AAACH and JCHO. You owe it to yourself to position yourself for the best possible results but under the most stringent safety regulations, If you have kids, even more so.

How about anesthesia? Will you have a medical doctor certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology or a certified nurse anesthetist (CRNA)? Understand that there is no substitute for research. Cosmetic surgery, no matter how simple it may be to the patients, are invasive procedures and as such carry certain risks and complications.

In our office we use TouchMD which is a web based program in which patients have the ability to load their picture unto the program. I then evaluate them and can actually draw on the picture to show a potential patient where the incisions would be located and how the procedure is to be realized. It's all done to comply with HIPPA which is the federal law that protects the patient's medical information. Look them up.

I answer all questions personally. Many surgeons have the ability to carry on line consults which we frequently do. Contact our institute and we will be happy to guide you.

I wish you well on your journey. Good luck

Right size implant

Since you are 18 you have to go with saline and therefore I would go under the muscle.I generally will have 4 or 5 different size impalnys in the operating room when I do a breast augmenattion.Once the pocket is made and expanded I will try to place various sizes till I get one that looks natural with nice cleavage and doesn't look over stuffed.I alwasy tell my patients you can't put a gallon of milk into a quart contained.Also look at the breast as a ballon,ie the bigger the balloon the harder and more un natural it is.So you want the right size so it is soft and natural.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Choosing the right size implant

Choosing the right implant is something you and your surgeon work on. It is based on careful measurements, discussion of the look you want and trying on sample implants of different sizes. 
Since you are slim, start with sizers in the high 200 range.
Being young, avoid getting too large an implant. Very often women your age get large implants and by 23, are having them removed. Best wishes.

3D imaging can help you decide which implant size you prefer

Patients with your frame usually request implants that will increase their size to a C-cup. For you this will likely be implants in the mid 300 range. With the Vectra 3D imaging system, we can show patients what every type of implant can look like on their frame from moderate to high profile with both saline and silicone. Since you are 18, then a moderate plus Mentor or Style 68MP saline from Natrelle would likely be your best option depending on your measurements and exam of course.

Christopher J. Ewart, MD
Augusta Plastic Surgeon

Implant Size to Achieve Your Goals

There are several factors that plastic surgeons consider when recommending implant sizes. I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Best implant for a petite woman

Without knowing your goals and the exact dimensions of your breast is very difficult to answer this question.
The

Without examining you in person or at least seeing photos --  it is impossible to assess accurately. Best to seek an in person consultation with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

How to choose breast implant size.

You need a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  The surgeon will measure your breast base width which will help guide the surgeon to choose an appropriate implant size.  In addition a breast implant sizing system evaluation can be done during which various sizers can be placed into a non-padded bra so you can see how you will look with various sizes.

For more information on choosing breast implant size please read the following link: