Getting breast augmentation and concerned about thin blood. Is there anything I can take to help?

I am considering very seriously about getting breast augmentation...my consultation is soon. I tend to bleed easily and sometimes takes a bit to stop but not too bad...is there anything I can take to help? Tips? Advice? Thank you :)

Thin blood and aug

The best thing to do is to discuss this with your doctor and he can do some coagulation studies to see if you have a bleeding disorder.If those tests are normal you should do fine.thebruising is usually minimal.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast Aumentation With History Of Bleeding easily

Thank you for your question.  I would definitely see a hematologist prior to surgery.  They will do a blood work up to help determine why you are experiencing this and what needs to be done to correct it. 

Brian Joseph, MD

Getting breast augmentation and concerned about thin blood

Hi.. thank you for the question... before your surgery your PS will indicate some blood test to be done, one of them check your blood coagulation... Then he will determine if you need to see other specialist or not.

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Agree with the previous expert responders. Obtain a full work up and clearance from a hematologist......

Thin blood

Thanks for your question.  Your best course of action is to see a hematologist to evaluate you for bleeding disorders.  This is important to know in order to minimize your risk during surgery.  Best Regatrds.

Thin blood

To be on the safe side, I would have you see a Hematologist. This type of doctor specializes in blood diseases and help your PS in providing the safest operation for you. Be certain to tell your PS about your history. Good luck and be well.

Kevin Maguire, MD
Vermont Plastic Surgeon

Thin blood before breast augmentation.

Hello Shanta81. Thanks for your question. I would recommend that you a specialist in blood diseases. They're called hematologists. They are considered experts on blood issues and one in your area can help you to identify why it takes longer for you to stop bleeding. There are some blood tests that you will need and they will ask you about your family history of bleeding, so be prepared. There may be some medications that you're taking like aspirin and ibuprofen that can contribute to this, but it's better to get an expert opinion. Best, Dr. ALDO.

Aldo Guerra, MD