What breast augmentation would be best for me? (Photo)

I wanted to save up. I just got a job, and I am 18. these are my breast.

Expect improvment, not perfection

Your breasts are asymmetrical and we would work with you during the consultation, putting different sizers in your bra to see what would make you look your best and meet your expectations.

What breast implant is best.

You obviously have asymmetric breasts and much care to make them equal must be taken.  Different size implants should be used and the crease under your right breast should be lowered.

Breast asymmetry

It appears you have a significant asymmetry in which your left breast is larger, hangs lower than the right breast and has a larger areola.  I would suggest you undergo an augmentation using saline implants placed under the muscle.  Saline implants are adjustable during surgery which would be helpful in best correcting your volume asymmetry.  In addition, you will need either a periareolar mastopexy or a lollipop mastopexy on the left side to lift this breast and reduce the areolar size to match the right side. A consultation is obviously necessary to formulate a very specific surgical plan that will provide you the best results. I hope this information is helpful!Thomas Taylor, MD, FACS

What breast augmentation would be best for me?

Thank you for your question. Based on your photos, you appear to have a nice starting place and should have a nice result with breast augmentation surgery.The most important factor when sizing implants, is working closely with your surgeon in person to find the implant size that gives you the look that you desire. Careful measurements of your breast and chest wall will help determine which size implants will fit within your natural breast footprint. Taking into account your desired look, and your measurements, an implant is chosen that specifically fits your body. Unfortunately, online recommendations are not that helpful. Make sure that you have a good relationship with your plastic surgeon, so that you two can work together to find the right size. In my office, patients try on implants in a bra and clothing. There able to see how they look in the mirror, and in photographs. Women are also encouraged to bring in wish pictures, so that I can get a sense of the look that they would like to achieve. Good luck with the process!

Breast Augmentation Questions

Hello,You would be a good candidate for a breast augmentation surgery. Some photos indicate more asymmetry and ptosis than others, so a thorough exam will be necessary to determine whether a breast lift is necessary too. As for silicone gel, FDA recommendations does not stop surgeons from placing them in patients less than 22, this is merely an 'off label' use, something that is done in various other aspects of cosmetic surgery as well in other disciplines of medicine every day.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation

Great Question! Breast augmentation would be a good fit for you. You do have some asymmetries in your breasts which your surgeon can fix during surgery using two different size implants. Long term having your implants underneath the muscle will be best. Your nipple positions are slightly different, you can fix that during surgery as well, or wait until after you have children. That choice is up to you. Good luck!

Ed Breazeale, Jr., MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

18-year-old seeking breast augmentation.

Thanks for your question and photographs.  I think that you would do well with the choice of a round smooth silicone gel implant placed in a partial subpectoral position.  Noting that you do have some asymmetry in both your breast shape and areolar size according to the pictures, I would also discuss with you the option of narrowing your areolae and raising them slightly to improve but not perfect your symmetry.  Since you may wish to avoid visible scars at your age you have the choice of correcting asymmetries in the future if you only seek and augmentation alone at this time. My personal recommendation for an incision for placement of the implant would be either a periareolar incision or a transaxillary incision to avoid a visible scar under your breast that could remain present permanently. Spend time doing your research and meet with an ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss all options available to you.  In summary there is no one perfect implant and we all have our preferences based upon experience.  It is also smart to avoid an excessively large implant since over time the risk of problems developing increases. Best of luck and good wishes. Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Saline round implants

The FDA requires patients to be 22 years and older for silicone gel implants. I would use high profile saline implants placed under the muscle to also fill slightly different and create better symmetry

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation

Begin by researching board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can review their websites which will often include before and after photos which may help you decide what type of look you are hoping to achieve.  Schedule a consultation where you can expect an examination and a discussion of your surgical goals and options.

Camille Cash, MD

In your first couple photos it appears as though you have asymmetry. In that case you would want to speak with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options. Choosing an implant and incision placement is determined by the look the patient desires. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD