When I bend over just one of my implants feels like it slides towards my collar bone and it hurts. Normal?

7 weeks post op sub-muscular silicon breast implants. I find my self holding that breast when ever I bend over to pick something up. When I massage the implant upward, it hurts just below the collar bone when I let the implant go. Is this normal? There doesn't appear to be any visual concerns when I looking at them in the mirror.

7 Weeks Post Op

It isn't unusual to have a little sensitivity still at 7 weeks post op- especially with different activity or drastic shift in position. If you do not see any concerning changes that is encouraging. I recommend that you let your Plastic Surgeon know if you have ongoing issues, otherwise try to hold off evaluating your results until 6 months post op.

All the best

Implant movement

Thank you for your question. It would be helpful to provide photos. I tell all my patients it takes 4-5 months for implants to fully settle and all the swelling to resolve. I do not recommend massage. That being said I recommend you follow your PS post operative protocol. Best of luck

Normal

Sounds like you are going through a normal healing process after breast augmentation surgery.  The look is more important at this stage as when the capsule matures, it will stabilize the breast implants.
Best Wishes,
Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Hi. It's diffficult to tell without actually seeing what the implant is doing when you assume this position. However, it is not unusual for implants. early on, to shift around. Until the pocket and capsule have fully matured, the implant can be displaced. If they look good, I would not be concerned. Good luck.

Dr. PG