Is this the beginning of double bubble or bottoming out? (photo)

Hello, I am really concerned about my left breast. The mamille sits so much higher than the one on my right breast.. and i have the feeling like there is a little double bubble as well. This is all since directly after my operation. Are there any chances it will become better? I am 13 days post op now and i have been very symmetric before.. Thank you for your answers..

Double Bubble

I understand that you are very concerned...but you are not even a full 2 weeks from your surgery. I think you need to give your breasts a chance to settle. Breasts may take up to 1 year to fully settle.  I usually tell my patients to give them at least 3 months before you judge them. I do not think this is a double bubble. My advice would be to be patient with them.  

Nanuet Plastic Surgeon

Is this the beginning of double bubble or bottoming out?

I'm sorry to hear about your concerns after breast surgery. Given that you are very early out of surgery, it is much too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed; your breasts will undoubtedly change over the course of the next several weeks/months.    Online consultants cannot predict whether or not you will be pleased with the long-term outlook, of the procedure performed, it is safe to predict that the breasts will change.  Do your best to stay emotionally even keeled and continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon.  Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with longer-term.

Not a

From your photograph I do not see any evidence of a double bubble, although the left implant may be placed a little bit lower than the right. With this early intervention of taping that side, this may remedy the situation. Follow up with your plastic surgeon to see if a small touch up several months from now may be necessary to elevate that left side. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

13 Days Post Op

Thank you for your question and photos. It would be the most helpful to compare with pre op photos in order to assess for asymmetries. It appears that one nipple sits higher but the implants are in the same position. I recommend that you continue to follow up closely. Let them know if you see any changes or have concerns about the breast fold. It will take many months to see your tissues soften and completely heal.

All the best

Post op

Give your breasts a full three months to completely heal. It is very hard to tell since I do not have a pre op picture to compare you to. The tape on that side of your breasts makes me wonder if your surgeon did some inner stitching called a capsulorrhaphy? You still have a lot of healing to do! Good luck!

Ed Breazeale, Jr., MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant concerns

thank you for your question and photographs.  I do not see anything in your photographs that indicates a double-bubble deformity.  Your implant on the left may be slightly lower than on the right.  It appears as if you're plastic surgeon is using supportive tape to support the lower pole.  I would continue to follow-up with him or her.  You will not be able to tell you final result for several months.  Best of luck

James Shoukas, MD
Lake Mary Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Issue

It appears from your photo that the implant on the left side is a bit low. I do not see signs of double bubble.  Hopefully, the taping should help, and I would continue to do so and follow up closely with you surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Bottoming out

Thank you for your question. Based on the picture I don't see any double bubble at this moment. May be your surgeon suspected bottoming out hence he/she put supportive tape. Please follow instructions from your PS. At this time just need to wait and see. Good luck

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph and I am sorry that this has caused you concern.  Though your surgeon is your greatest source of advice and reassurance, there is nothing obvious in your picture that I would be concerned of for a double bubble.  That said your surgeon likely placed the tape in order to be cautious and minimize risks.  At 13 days it is impossible to know your long term results at this stage, so as hard as it is you need to allow your results time to mature.  Hope this helps.

Bottoming?

Thanks for this question. Your surgeon suspects bottoming out and has placed the tape. Not using your pec muscles might help too. Only time will tell, but good support is important. Follow closely with your surgeon. Best, Dr. Aldo

Aldo Guerra, MD