After 22 days my bag is still under my eye?

I had 22 days ago a lower eyelid surgery, a bag under my eye was a bit more visible compared to the other one. Well, that eye 4 days after the surgery started bleeding a bit, but the doctor said it could happen; now one eye is almost perfect and the other one the bleeding one has still a kind of a little visible bag when I smile. What should I expect? Did something go wrong? Should I ask for another surgery or just to let it still heal? Thank you a lot

I have a bag under one eye. Is this a problem?

Thanks for the question, but the most precise answer is that you are way too early to the time of the surgery to make a proper judgement about this! Continue using ice compresses, try not to raise your blood pressure with extreme exercise, and follow any and all recommendations by your chosen Plastic Surgeon.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry post op

Hi there. Greetings from the UK. I'd take comfort from the fact that at 22 days post op it's still incredibly early to worry about asymmetry. Although it's if your eyelids are symmetrical at 3 weeks post op, it's not uncommon to have asymmetry for several months following surgery due to variable healing reactions, haematoma formation, post op swelling, etc. Indeed you'll get a better idea of symmetry at 3-4 months post op but the eyelids will continue to settle down for about 6 months post op. Best wishes David

David Cheung, MBChB, Bsc(Hons), FRCOphth
Birmingham Oculoplastic Surgeon

Residual fat after blepharoplasty

I cannot comment accurately without photos but the 2 most common possibilities are 1) swelling,  2) residual fat/bags.  See you surgeon and/or see another oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Swelling after blepharoplasty

It is not uncommon for swelling to be a bit different from side to side, especially if you had a complication/bleeding after surgery. The eye with the post op bleeding will definitely take longer to heal. It is still early in your recovery, you should wait at least 12 weeks before considering any revision. By that time all the swelling should be gone and you can better compare.

Clayton L. Moliver, MD