Am I a good candidate to have a tummy tuck, lipo of waist, sides and back, and a breast lift at the same time? (Photo)

I want to correct my breast asymmetrical breast and need abdominal muscle repair. I am 5ft5, 180lbs and in good health.

Candidate for a Mommy Makeover

It's difficult to suggest without a in-person one-on-one consultation. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  

#Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.

Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Mommy Makeover - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck, liposuction, and breast lift The skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Candidate for a mommy makeover

Thank you very much for your question and photographs.From your photos, it would appear that you would be an excellent candidate for a breast lift, to give you more symmetrical breasts, as well as a tummy tuck with liposuction of the flanks and waist. This can all be performed at the same time safely and without any increase in complications, as long as you are healthy. I would recommend that you have an in-patient consultation with a Board Certified plastic surgeon, at which time you can have a frank discussion regarding the best combination of procedures to achieve your goals. 

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Mommy Makeover Candidate

I think you could be a good candidate for a mommy makeover. Having kids is an amazing experience and arguably the most wonderful thing that will ever happen to you. That being said, weight gain followed by weight loss, pregnancy, breast feeding, and child birth (either vaginally or by caesarian section) can cause irreversible changes to your breasts, tummy, not to mention other areas. All of these changes are natural reminders of your amazing journey and many are not bothered by them. For those that are, we can often provide help. Our office offers comprehensive mommy makeover consultations that address issues you may have with your breasts and tummy, but also anything else that may be bothering you. By offering a full spectrum of services (breast lift, breast augmentation, breast reduction, liposuction, tummy tuck, facial aesthetic procedures, labiaplasty, and laser vaginal rejuvenation) we are able to customize a plan for each patient that ensures their highest possible level of happiness. Good luck with your journey!

Am I good candidate for these operations?

Thank you for your question and photos. I think you would likely be very happy with the improvements in your breast and body after a mommy makeover type procedure. This will likely involve a combination of liposuction, tummy tuck, and breast enhancement. There are many different techniques, each with its upsides and downsides. On-line evaluation is unfortunately somewhat limited, so I would suggest a formal consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon so your specific concerns can be gone over in detail, a physical exam be performed, and individualized recommendations be made. Good luck!

Am I a good candidate to have a tummy tuck, lipo of waist, sides and back, and a breast lift at the same time?

Hi... thank you for the question and photos... from the photos, Yes you are a good candidate for the procedures you are suggesting, this will depend on your heath and your CBC values to see if it is possible. 

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Tummy Tuck, Lipo and Breast Lift

Thank you for your question and posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be a great candidate for lateral tension abdominoplasty (tummy tuck), liposuction for contouring and breast lift. This combination is often referred to as a Mommy Makeover. You'll need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in these areas for precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Mommy Makeover

Thank you very much for your question.

Based on the photographs, you do appear to be a candidate for liposuction, and abdominoplasty, and a breast lift.  This can typically be performed during the same operation.  I recommend consulting with a plastic surgeon who will come up with a good plan for you.  Best of luck!

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Excellent candidate for mommy makeover.

From the photographs it sounds as though you are an excellent candidate for the operations you mentioned. Major consideration will be the resulting scars. Be certain to see lots of pre-and postoperative photographs.

Tummy tuck, lipo and breast lift at the same time

There are really 2 questions in your post. The first is are you a good candidate and the answer is based on your photos liposuction, tummy tuck and breast lift are appropriate procedures. The second is is it safe to do everything at once. That answer is yes depending on your surgeon, where the procedure is performed and what precautions are taken before, during, after surgery to minimize risks. The facility should be an accredited facility with all the necessary emergency equipment and personnel. Precautions would include a complete physical examination medical clearance before surgery, stool softeners before and after surgery, pneumatic compression of both legs during surgery, overnight stay in an after care facility with nursing staff after surgery, early ambulation after surgery, appropriate pain control after surgery... The risk of tummy tuck surgery is small but can double or triple as you add on additional procedures.

You should make a checklist for yourself and check off every item to make sure it is covered. If all bases are covered you should sail through surgery, have a smooth recovery and be happy with your results.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD