Am I a good candidate for Breast Lift without Implants? (Photo)

Greetings. My breasts are currently size 40DD. I've breastfed 4 children and experienced considerable weight gain. Now, I'm in the weight loss cycle. My breasts have a fullness that's fine but obviously sagging. I'd really love to get a breast lift that truly reshapes my breast rather than just having nipples relocated. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks :)

I think you'd be an excellent candidate for a breast lift without implants. You appear to have good breast volume, so implants won't be necessary. The issue is that your volume is low. A breast lift or mastopexy will correct this and lift the breasts as well as the nipples to a more youthful position.

It's important to attain your desired and stable weight prior to surgery. Hope this helps and wish you the best!

Am I a good candidate for Breast Lift without Implants?

Thank you for your question.  Once you achieve your ideal weight, you would be a good candidate for a breast lift (mastopexy) which would lift your breasts, improve your nipple position, make your breasts perkier and rounder and improve symmetry.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast Lifts Can Really Improve Breast Shape #breastlift

• You could definitely benefit from a breast lift!
  • Once you are at a stable weight, make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon to be evaluated. 
  • A breast lift will make your breasts appear perkier, rid you of the sagginess, and reshape your breasts giving them a more pleasing look. 
  • Thanks for sharing!

Breast lift

Once you finish loosing your weight you will be a great candidate for a breast lift. A full lift will reshape your breast as well as relocating your nipple. You could keep the same breast volume or reduce it some if you wanted to. Congrats on the weight loss.  Good luck.

Breast lift (mastopexy) with or without implants

You are a candidate for a breast lift, but I would recommend you continue with your desired weight loss and obtain a stable weight before undergoing breast lift or you might have recurrent droop to you breast after loosing additional weight after your breast lift.  Just with a breast lift most patients will have a decrease in bra size.   Best next step is to have a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.   You can have your consult before you have finished loosing weight.  I find the having seen a  plastic surgeon and a plan in place helps to keep patients motivated to lose weight.  Best of luck.  

Raymond Jean MD Board Certified Plastic Surgeon  Bryn Mawr, Philadelphia PA

Raymond Jean, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a breast lift.  I do not believe you will need implants. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Based on your photos a breast lift should improve the shape of your breast in the position of her nipple.   However is essential that she continue to lose weight and finish losing the weight that she want to lose before having a breast lift.  If you lose weight after a breast lift her breasts will sag again.

Thank you for your question and pictures. You are a good candidate for a breast lift. Many women who undergo a breast lift do well with a breast lift alone. Some women request implants to achieve enough volume and projection, especially in the upper part of the breast. It is important for you to convey to your plastic surgeon how you want your breast to look. It’s a good idea to bring pictures of your desired size to communicate with your surgeon. It is also helpful to see before and after pictures of other patients to get a better idea of what to expect from a breast lift alone versus a breast lift with implants. See a Board Certified Plastic surgeon, who has an extensive experience with breast lifts for an in person consultation. Good luck!

Mary Lee Peters, MD

The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissuefor the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support!!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Qualify for Breast Lift without Implants

There are many women who qualify for the breast lift (mastopexy) without implants. Including both the response to a pregnancy where here breasts have become either just deflated, or the skin has been stretched from pregnancy, and or breastfeeding. And now is in a lower position than she would like. So by doing the breast lift, we can tighten the breast, tighten the breast skin, and put it into a more youthful position.

Also there are patients who have had weight loss, again, through either diet or surgical procedure. And a lot of women, when they lose weight, their breasts will lose weight, and they, again, may have some sagging of their breasts. 

A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). You fit into both of the categories stated here, and you should discuss these issues in consultation with your plastic surgeon upon determining the type of surgery to attain the results you desire. Best of luck to you in your search.