Am I a candidate for laser tattoo removal? (photos)

I would like to be optimistic and have 100% removal. I have been working on this sleeve recently and I am just so uncertain of how it will look in the end, it's giving me so much anxiety and headache that I've opted to cease the project and have it removes.

Tattoo removal

I think it is possible to remove this entire tattoo. Black ink almost always comes off completely. I will tell you that the dark band may require more treatments simply because the ink density is greater. Any Q-switch 1064 laser should be effective. If you are in a hurry for removal consider a PFD patch for treatment. It allows for multiple treatments in a single session. Good luck, Dr. M

Annapolis General Surgeon

PicoSure for tattoo removal

Thanks for your question and photos. You should allow for the tattoo to heal, up to six months.The number of treatments you will need to fully remove your tattoo will depend on size of the tattoo, ink color and depth of the tattoo. PicoSure™ is one hundred times faster than any other laser on the market, you will require fewer sessions overall in order to achieve your desired results. Even dark blue and green inks – which are usually the most difficult to remove – can be effectively cleared with less treatment. However, allow your current tattoo to heal and visit a board certified dermatologist before making a final decision. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Tattoo Removal

The Alex Trivantage would be an excellent way to remove the tattoo. Please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green

Tattoo Removal

Pico lasers are the most advanced technology. I utilize the PiQo4 laser which has 4 Pico wavelengths and the Picosure for a total of 5 Pico wavelengths. Certain colors respond best to certain wavelengths. The amount of treatments can vary based on several factors such as the location of your tattoo, your skin tone, how sharp the ink is, and how quickly your body eliminates the ink. Even with advanced lasers and multiple wavelengths complete removal is not always possible. I believe that tattoos are removed faster and safer with Pico lasers and there is less risk of scarring. I think it is important not only to seek the best technology but an experienced laser tattoo removal provider.

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Second Thoughts on Tattoo

This can be removed with lasers in a series of treatments. Please see an expert for a formal consultation. Best, Dr. Emer

PicoWay Can Remove Tattoo Sleeves

This extensive tattoo sleeve can be removed by the PicoWay laser, but it will take at least six to eight sessions. Make sure your tattoo has fully healed before starting removal. Generally, that means at least two weeks after the tattoo was performed. Please see a board-certified dermatologist to have the tattoo evaluated.