A Benelli lift with larger implants?

I am 5'2", a small B, 120 lbs and have grade 2 ptosis. My goal breasts are posted along with this question. Is it possible for me to achieve a fuller D or possibly a DD (breasts that look like these) with just a Benelli lift and larger implants? I have been told that you can get large implants with the anchor or lolipop lifts. I really don't want to go under the knife to not be happy with my outcome.

If you have grade 2 ptosis, you likely do not need a lift, just an augmentation, specially if you are deciding on DD cup size breast implants.  This would limit scarring and give you a nice result.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Breast Lift with Implant Procedures

A #mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breasts without reducing their size. It is used for #breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an #implant is used at the time of mastopexy.  This is called an #Augmentation/Mastopexy.  The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height. 

#FatGrafting is another option to using #breastimplants and requires a small amount of liposuction to obtain the fat which is the prepared and transferred to the breast. A hybrid operation may use both an implant and fat to provide the best contours of the lifted breast.

You should know that I prefer to  use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

You should also know that the Benelli lift as performed by most surgeons is just the donut lift, removing a donut shaped piece of areola and skin then using a #Pursestring or double purse-string suture to tighten the skin.  A true Benelli actually will expose much of the breast through this incision and then the breast itself is shaped and lifted with sutures.  This is a more complex procedure and is often not done as describe by Dr. Benellil.

It would be a good idea to discuss all of these options in detail with a local board certified plastic surgeon at the time of consultation. There are different options to the procedure as well as the type of implant placed during surgery. Good luck.

Breast lift with implant

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  With that being said, the best shape and contour could be achieved with an implant and a wise pattern breast lift.  I do not ever recommend a Bennelli lift.  Over time, the areola tends to enlarge with a thickened scar.  The other even worse problem is that it flattens out the shape of the anterior breast over time.  A wise pattern lift with an implant can result in a very nice shape if good technique is used.    The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD