4days post op BA and BL. Is this a normal result for my timeframe? (Photo)

I know it's too soon to judge my results. I had a lift and implant 350cc in my right and 375in my left boob. I breast is sitting really high and is really tight. Based on the pic is this a normal result for my timeframe. I was a deflated 36C before surgery.

4 Days Post-Op Breast Augmentaion and Breast Lift

Significant asymmetry following the combination of breast augmentation and breast lift surgery should always be evaluated. Unfortunately in your case, it's difficult to render an opinion because of the poor quality of your pictures. For this reason, it's important to return to your plastic surgeon so serious causes of asymmetry such as hematoma formation can be ruled out. Your surgeon should be able to perform an evaluation and determine an appropriate course of action.

Breast Augmentation

Your still healing at 4 days after surgery, with some time your implants still can "fall" into place. We tell our patients here at plasticsurgeryoahu that it can take up to 6 weeks to 6 months to see the final results.  Give it some time to settle down and if you still have concerns talk to your doctor.

Kevin Dieffenbach, MD
Oahu Island Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift with Implants at 4 Days

You should check with your plastic surgeon to make sure the swelling you have is what he/she anticipates. There will be a lot of changes as the swelling decreases and your breasts settle, but early on an increase in size of one breast can indicate bleeding inside the pocket, which causes a a hematoma. A hematoma can be a surgical emergency, so check with your surgeon.

Good luck!

Heather J. Furnas, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Post breast lift time frame

The photo is at a difficult angle to evaluate.  Regardless if you feel one side is very different then return to your plastic surgeon to make sure he/she does not feel there is a hematoma or other problem going on. It is normal to be tight.  It will take time to get to your final result.  Best of luck. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

4 days post op

When you are assymetrical and one breast is firm and tight and bigger you always have to think about a hematoma so I would go back to your surgeon and have it evaluated.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

4days post op BA and BL. Is this a normal result for my timeframe?

Based on your photograph, I would be concerned about the existence of a complication, such as a fluid accumulation (such as a hematoma); therefore, best to be evaluated by your plastic surgeon who'll be in the best position to advise you accurately. Best wishes.

Yes you're very early after a complex operation.  Because skin was removed from the lower pole of your breast it is very common for the implants to ride high at this early stage.  Hopefully your implants will drop and fill the lower pole of your breast.  Please see her plastic surgeon and ask when you may start breast implant displacement exercises and possibly a pole wrap to encourage the implants to drop.  For more information on combination breast lift and augmentation please read the following link:

It is a little hard to really comment specifically. With essentially all breast surgery there is asymmetry for the first month or 2 as the breasts are 2 different structures and heal at 2 different rates and sometimes in different ways. It is common for one side to be slightly higher and tighter than the other especially at first. If one side is very tight & painful there could be concern for hematoma so if that is the case you should call your surgeon immediately.  Hopefully it is just swelling and as the swelling comes down they will take on a more normal shape & softer feel. Good luck!

Megan Jack, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Implants

It is very early to judge the results; however, I do see some asymmetry; before photos would also be helpful. You may benefit from a strap to push the implants down. See your plastic surgeon and discuss this with him/her. 

Matthias Solomon, MD

Asymmetry 4 days post-op may be a sign of hematoma.

You did not mention level of discomfort and whether this is new swelling or if it has been this way since surgery. Both breasts look more swollen than "average," but every patient heals differently.

Since your left breast is significantly more high and tight than the right, I am concerned you may have a hematoma. I would recommend that you return to your surgeon immediately, not waiting to your next regularly -scheduled recheck appointment. I'd also send this photo to your surgeon so that advice can be given about fasting prior to possible re-operation. Do this soon. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon