Is 310cc mentor filled 350 on one side and 375 on the other the same as just 375cc?

Im 5'3 weight 108 & was a 32/34b I asked for 375cc because i am small and after my surgery i noticed that they looked very small so waited to see if anything would change because my doctor goes under all muscles. Month passed and still look small. They gave me my cards and it says 310cc so i ? on why does it say 310cc so they said thats just the mentor but we put 350 on one side and 375 on the other. Is it the same as what i have asked for? This makes me very ubset, hope i got what i paid for.

Yes

This is the correct implant.  The size indicated on the implant card is basically a model number.  There are a number of ways to get to 375.  This is one of them.

I'm sorry to hear about the concerns you are experiencing after breast surgery.   Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to accurate information. Based on your description, it sounds like the implants you have 310 cc  saline implants filled to the volumes you mentioned. It sounds like your plastic surgeon made an effort to improve your breast symmetry and essentially used the implant volume that you had discussed.

You should be aware that a significant percentage of patients at your stage of recovery will feel that they are too big or (more commonly) too small. I routinely ask my patients to wait at least 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery. This waiting time allows patients to (usually) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image. 

In other words, it is much too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed; your breasts will undoubtedly change over the course of the next several weeks/months.   The vast majority of patients with your concerns at your stage in the recovery process, turn out to be much happier two to three months after the procedure was performed.

For example, many of my patients report that as the swelling around the breast implants (for example, in the sternal area) decreases, they feel that their breasts appear more projecting. Also, in my opinion, the "drop and fluff” phenomenon does hold some validity; as breast implants “settle”, many patients feel that their breasts actually look larger. 

Although online consultants cannot predict whether or not you will be pleased with the long-term outlook, of the procedure performed, it is safe to predict that the breasts will change. Do your best to stay emotionally even keeled. I would suggest continued patience and continued close follow-up with your plastic surgeon. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with longer-term regardless of the specific cup sizes achieved.

Did I get what I paid for?

Hello boobies400. Thanks for bringing up these concerns. I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy with your breast size results. It sounds to me like your plastic surgeon used a Mentor saline high profile breast implant that can be filled from 310 cc to 375 cc. A review of the operative note will confirm just how much volume was placed in your breast implants. However, it also sounds like you might be happier with a bigger size altogether. I'm glad you've waited several months, but you may have to wait a full year before the skin and muscle surrounding your breast implant fully stretches. It is at this point that adding more saline to your breast implants could increase your breast cup size. Most plastic surgeons are willing to go maximum volume + 10% to achieve a bigger cup. I would encourage you to keep a respectful conversation going with your plastic surgeon and let them know that you would like to be bigger. Working with your surgeon in a positive way will get you closer to your goals and reduce any revision fees for adding more saline. Best wishes always, Dr. Aldo

Aldo Guerra, MD