18 days post op, are they suppose to look like this? (photos)

I'm concern not that there much of a different but my right breast haven't drop as much as my left

18 days post op, are they suppose to look like this?

Thank you for your question.  Your far too early after surgery to be concerned about breast shape and size.  Over the next 3 months.  Shape and size will improve.  Of course it is always best for you to follow up with her plastic surgeon and expressed her concerns rather than seeking Internet advice.

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Early Post operative

Thanks for the photos. it is very early in your recovery period to make a judgment. Continue in your follow up appointments with your surgeon.

Good luck!

18 days post op

Thank you for your photos. It is a pleasure to answer your question. At 18 days post-op you are very early on your recovery process. It is not uncommon for one side to have more swelling than the other. In my experience I would recommend you to wait from 4 to 6 months and let your breast heal completely and drop/settle into their final position. Try to have patience and follow up closely with your surgeon. Hope this helps. Good luck. 

Carlos Recio, MD
Cali Plastic Surgeon

18 Days Post Op

Thank you for your question. It will take between 2-6 months for the breasts to fully drop and soften. You are still early in recovery and some minor differences between the breasts are normal at this point. Let your Plastic Surgeon know if you have ongoing concerns.

All the best

18 Post Op Mastopexy with Augmentation

Thank you for the question and the photographs. At 18 days post-op you are still in the early stages of healing. Asymmetry during the healing process is not at all unusual as the breasts may not settle and heal at the same rate. At this point your photographs do not show anything out of the ordinary. If after 3 months have passed you remain unhappy with your outcome, discuss it with your plastic surgeon to determine the best course of action. I hope this helps. Best wishes.

The change is immediate. The should expect the skin to soften and the implant to settle at about three months after surgery.     breast exercises are helpful in allowing the implant to settle into a more supple envelope. I think about 3 months of breast exercises are sufficient. The only contraindication to breast exercises is when textured anatomical implants are used.  

Best of luck

It appears that you had an augmentation with breast lift. It can take up to three months for the swelling to subside and the implants to "settle". You are still in the early phase of healing. Give more time, you should see good results.

Post-op

things appear to be healing well considering you are fresh post-op. Give things some time to settle and you should have an excellent result. If you have any significant concerns, be sure to call your surgeons office. Best of luck with your post-op.

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question and photos. You are still very early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.