I'm 15 days post op. Are my implants too high? (Photo)

350cc silicone dual plane. Wondering if my implants were placed too high. Pre op I already had upper fullness and naturally low sitting nipples. I am worried that my implants are too high and won't drop enough or will drop too much. wear a breast band nearly 24/7 and do massages on the top of the breasts. I worry that the projection is getting flattened from the strap or just getting weird. Can massage help Or is it making it worse why loosening the skin too much.

I'm 15 days post op. Are my implants too high?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure.  Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery and massaging the implants downward may assist in the dropping of the implants after surgery (for those patients who want to help with the settling of the implants). The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, size of breast implant utilized, and concerns such as pre-existing breast asymmetry.

Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other.

Again, best to follow your plastic surgeon for more specifics. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.

Thank you for your question and photographs, and it appears that you will have a very nice result. After placement of implants, the breast skin and chest muscle swell significantly, causing a flattened and elevated position to your implants.  As this swelling resolves your implants will drop and the overlying tissues will stretch to assume a more natural shape.  I know waiting is difficult, but judge your results at 4-6 months after surgery as most of your breast changes should have occurred by then. Hope this helps.

15 days post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question
Its too early to talk about results with only 15 days post op.
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Still high riding but with massages in downward directions might effect a descent? Best to discuss with your surgeon.

Early in recovery phase

Based on your photographs and being so early in your postoperative course, I think you look right on track. It's not uncommon that one breast will settle more quickly than the other. It may take several months for all of the tissues to stretch and allow the breast implant to settle to the bottom of the pocket created for it. As far as massage and bands, each surgeon has his or her own thoughts on that. Check with your plastic surgeon about what massages or breast bands they think you should be wearing. Good luck with your recovery and and congratulations on your breast augmentation.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breast Implants / Breast Augmentation/ Cohesive Gel Implants / Silicone Implants / Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

15 days is very very early in the healing process.  It can take months in some cases for the implants to settle in to position.  During this time the muscle, breast tissue and skin all stretch and relax to accommodate the size of the implant.  This will take different lengths of time depending on the size of the breast before surgery, the size of the implant, age, number of pregnancies etc.   Best of luck.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

15 days PO

Thank you for your question and providing photos. Based on your photos I do not see any problems. You are very early in your recovery. I tell all my patients it takes 4-5 months for implants to fully settle and all the swelling to resolve. Best of luck