Breast lift with augmentation. What size should I opt for? (photos)

I'm 5'3", 124 pounds. I'm 32 years old with 4 children. I nursed all of them in excess of 2 years. So, obviously, these breasts have some miles on them. I've finally decided to move forward with a mastopexy/augmentation and was wondering how many cc's may be suggested. I'm pretty sure I want silicone, sub muscular. High profile for upper pole fullness. I'm including my current photos and what I hope to achieve. Thank you for your time, Melissa

BA sizes

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided information as well.

The thing about size is...
Did You Know? Implant size (measured by cubic centimeters, or “cc”) only matters as far as it will help you get the look you want. In these photos, can you guess who has the larger sized implants?

What limits how big you should go?

1. Your current breast size. This matters because you’ve got to have enough existing breast tissue to cover the implant. If you haven’t got a lot to spare, some implants may just be too big to fit.
2. Your chest and shoulder width. Fortunately, implants come in different base widths so you can get a size that works well with your frame.

I recommend to make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon for a person evaluation and to talk about your goals.

Good luck :)

Breast lift and augmentation

Dear MelliBee,
You look amazing for having nursed four children!  You will look even more amazing after a breast lift and augmentation.  The one detail that you have left out is the final cup size that you desire.  From the wish photo, perhaps a D cup?  If so, that should put you in a 300-350cc range.  Good luck!

Breast lift with augmentation. What size should I opt for?

congratulations.  You have excellent breast anatomy and should be able to achieve a very nice result with a combination breast lift and implants.  The implant size will be determined by the measurement of your breast base width which will be done by her plastic surgeon.  It is important to choose a breast implants with a diameter that matches the base width of your breast.  Based on your desired photo my guess is that she will want breast implants in the 350-400 cc range.

Breast lift w/ implant

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photographs, you are a great candidate for a breast lift with an implant.  The decision regarding the size of the implant depends on your goals for your breast size.  I usually make this decision together with my patients in my office.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast augmentation and lift

Melissa,

Thanks for your question and for including both your photos and desired look.

You should be very happy with a breast augmentation with mastopexy.  Under the muscle is fine and the use of high profile implants does give you more upper pole fullness.  You have done your homework.  

Best of luck with your procedure

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Breast augmentation and lift, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Choosing the right implants

Thank you for your question. From the looks of your photos you will definitely benefit from augmentation and possibly mastopexy (breast lift). This needs to be determined during an in person consultation. The right implant size and shape is best determined during an in person consultation. Vectra imaging may be helpful because a computer can simulate your appearance with different style and size implants. A higher profile implant placed a certain way may eliminate the need for a breast lift. Good luck!

Implants with lift

I can not guess what would be the appropriate implant for you without performing an exam in person. Best of luck.

Breast Augmentation

Often times, some patients can obviate the need for a breast lift with specific inter-operative surgical techniques as well as specific implant selection.  If I don't need to place a scar on the breast, I prefer not to.  All details should be discussed with you board certified plastic surgeon.

Dr. Desai
Harvard educated, Beverly Hills trained board certified plastic surgeon.

Thank you for your question.  Your breasts look great for having nursed 4 children!  It's hard to say without an in-person consultation but it seems that you would benefit from an augmentation alone.  It's hard to predict specific cc size via this platform.  The way I look at it in my practice, I first make measurements of the breast dimensions to help narrow the range of acceptable implants to consider. My patients then try on different implant sizers in a bra while wearing a tight t-shirt, and then look in the mirror to get a better idea of the look that they prefer. Try not to focus so much on bra size or specific implant volume but more on the look that you want.  In terms of a breast lift, you may not need one; this depends on your physical exam and size of the implant chosen . Be sure to consult with an experienced plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS