My bizarre bulbous nose; is there anything that can address the asymmetry? (Photos)

During my adult years my nose has become really bulbous and uneven. Perhaps I'm noticing it now because of the loss of volume in the rest of my face? Either way, I've noticed it is definitely crooked, I look like a different person from each side of my face. My bridge is really narrow, it's really the tip that bothers me. It's also super soft and flexible. It seems really odd. Is there anything surgically that can address the assymmetey and round-ness of the tip of my nose? I'm a 30 y/o female.

My bizarre bulbous nose; is there anything that can address the asymmetry?

Greetings

Thank you for your question, 

If you underwent a simple rhinoplasty or correction of nasal tip operation it means that your cartilage or bone structures are not excised. Since the manipulation is minimal; the edema will be minimal also. Nasal buffers will not be applied after these operations but only strip bandages. These strip bandages will be removed after 5th postoperative day. You can continue to do your daily work just after the procedure but we do not advise you heavy lifting or excessive exercise.

If you underwent rhinoplasty operation in which the bone and cartilage structures are also involved like concha hypertrophy, septum deviation or secondary rhinoplasty; then intranasal buffers will be applied in order to reduce the edema. These intranasal buffers will be removed after 5th postoperative day. You can continue to do your daily work just after the procedure but we do not advise you heavy lifting or excessive exercise. The more you rest, the faster your recovery will be.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Closed rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Is there anything that can address the asymmetry?

If your nose is a distraction to you when you look in the mirror, or when you see yourself in photos and you find that it's a source of concern for you, than you have realistic motivations for rhinoplasty.

You may be an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty to address all of the concerns you listed above. Do your homework and seek out a consultation with a Board-Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon or General Plastic Surgeon who has experience with rhinoplasty.

Best wishes!  Harry V. Wright MD, Sarasota, Florida

Harry V. Wright, MD
Sarasota Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous tip, asymmetry

Unfortunately you, like most people on here, take selfies which do not show a true lateral view. That lateral view is very important to show the relationship of the tip to the bridge.
I get the suggestion that the tip is not really bulbous (wide, like a ball). However, there is no differentiation of the tip from the bridge and there is no projection of the tip, above the bridge line. In addition, the  bridge may be too high, in the supratip area, 
A full rhinoplasty would corrected these issues and the asymmetric nostrils ( no one else really notices this amount of asymmetry).

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Crooked tip

Your nasal tip is also crooked as evident in the worm's eye view photo. You would need to be seen in person to properly evaluated you.

Rhinoplasty for crooked nose and bulbous tip

A rhinoplasty procedure can address reduction of the bulbous tip, straightening the nose, and de-projecting the bridge line. Asymmetric cartilage removal along with possible cartilage grafting techniques such as spreader graft placement can accomplish straightening the crooked nose. For many examples, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from decreasing the overall projection of your nasal tip. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tip plasty

Nasal tip can be made smaller by reducing the cartilages and asymmetry can be addressed by the amount of cartilage being removed from each side. 
Regards
DrJ

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Noses

Your nose is not bizarre or bulbous -- you can have changes made, you need a consultation with an experinced rhinoplastic surgeon. Talk about what you dont like and they will tell you what can be done. Most noses are slightly asymetrical .

Rhinoplasty surgery may be considered for improving a bulbous, asymmetrical and overprojected nasal tip.

Your nasal appearance is not bizarre - bulbous nasal tips are common concerns for those seeking rhinoplasty surgery.

Consider consulting with several reputable rhinoplasty specialists so you could see what to expect after surgery. Goals may be a smaller, less prominent nasal appearance that is natural looking and less distracting.

Thank you.

Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon