TT scar is high? (Photos)

I'm only 7 days post op from a mini tummy tuck. Dr me he would make a 5-4 in incision, bring down the extra skin, and done. The day of surgery he marked me and I said, "Um, isn't that a large mark?" He said, "Oh, we'll really mark it when we get in there. And here's where your vertical incision will be." Wait, why? "It's needed." He said at the first meeting my bb was high enough we wouldn't touch it. But THAT was the vert incision! And it looks like a full TT, and my scar won't hide. Help!

Mini tummy tuck?

Hello, based on the location of the incision around the belly button and the vertical scar, this looks like a full tummy tuck result.  However, your plastic surgeon should be able to clarify exactly what was done and the reason for the incisions in their current position rather than lower above the pubic mound.

7 days out

Your scar, which is too high appears to be from a full tummy tuck. You need to wait for post op healing ab\nd scar maturation. It may drop a little, but a revision will be necessary at some point. Lowering a scar such as this is not easy especially in the lateral portions.

Barry M. Schwartz, MD
Weston Plastic Surgeon

Full abdominoplasty

That is a full abdominoplasty, not a mini. You should discuss this with your plastic surgeon. Yes, your scar is high. It also has some asymmetry. First, you need to heal from this operation. There isn't anything to do right now. Once it settles in you will need to have a good discussion on what you want out of this. Fixes are possible, but some of them are pretty intensive and not perhaps what you would want. 

Tracy E. McCall, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Is my scar too high after TT surgery?

It would appear that you had a full TT procedure.  This may have been the desired procedure for you.  I tend to recommend this often during my consultations with patients, but this should always have been discussed this with your Plastic Surgeon before surgery had been considered.  Your scar does appear to be too high, but I don't know how you looked preoperatively, and this is so early to the time of the procedure.  Trust your Plastic Surgeon to give you the correct answer to this question.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

High Tummy Tuck scar

You will need to discuss with your surgeon about a revision later when you are fully healed as right now your scar looks a little high. Good luck!

Australia Fragoso-Baez, MD

DrDerby

Thank you for your question and the photos. It looks  lot like a full TT instead of a mini, and even then th scar is very high. I really would recommend you to discuss with your surgeon again. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD